Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered from amazon.co.uk lately?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

All the more reason to support your local bookshops.

....which are closed, and/or not responding to any messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

and easons is way more expensive for literally everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

and easons is way more expensive for literally everything

They also list books on their website which aren't actually in stock despite being available to purchase.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

@addword Do you drink tea/coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

LeYouth wrote: »
    Anyone ordered electronics from Amazon uk since the lockdown? Did it take you a long time to get your order?

I ordered some headphones a few days ago but it hasn't even been dispatched - used standard delivery too.
    Nearly every day, different items have different despatch times, "essentials" take priority, it says all this when you order something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Huge delays, much worse than any other site I've been ordering from. And at least one item has been lost in the post ... they said about 2 weeks ago they sent a replacement, but I haven't received that yet either.

Huh. Since posting that this morning, I received the replacement item I was waiting on, and got an email to say that all of the other items have now been dispatched.

They're watching! >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Ordered 10kg bucket of fish,blood and bone meal Monday morning, delivered wedensday albeit to an Northern Ireland address. No complaints there.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

The_Brood wrote: »
    95% of even regular everyday items are not available for purchase in Ireland.

Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

lulublue22 wrote: »
    we’ve had two parcels go awol recently. One was ordered on the 12th April dispatched on the 22nd from Liverpool and has yet to show up on the An Post tracker.
    addaword wrote: »
    That's amazon

It’s not just Amazon as I’m waiting on stuff to arrive from the UK that’s sitting in an international sorting depot in Heathrow since the 12th April

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The_Brood wrote: »
    95% of even regular everyday items are not available for purchase in Ireland.

:confused: wha

...you mean since lockdown or generally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'm a postie,I'll tell you the biggest increase in items since the lockdown,for my area at least, women's clothes,boohoo ,Zara mms etc, X 10 times regular amount, sports/fitness items Inc runners huge increase, gardening equipment,books ..lots of books,I've noticed that not all amazon items have a barcode now,just standard name and address ,no tracking. There are many images online of parcels held up in the UK,backlog ..I mean a lot,but that only means a couple or three days delay usually.

Also bare in mind, if you get a notification at 3.45 am that your parcel has been scanned into an posts system in Dublin,and you live in cork or something,your postie is out delivering at 7.30-8.am usually,it's not feasible to have the parcel in Dublin sorted and dispatched with all the others for cork,and in cork ready for your postie to scan out for delivery at his/her time of setting off on delivery at 7.am .. it would be the day after the 3.45 am notification .

People get confused by the first notification all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

addaword wrote: »
    All you are doing by shopping on foreign owned businesses such as amazon is making the richest man in the world even richer.

I went to buy a guitar pedal online this week. It would have cost me €185 delivered from a Dublin music store so I bought it for €155 delivered from a German music store. If me saving money makes someone else richer then that’s ok with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

I've ordered a couple of things online over the last few weeks and probably a day or two later than the original date to be delivered but nothing to complain about. Understandably so. Otherwise, items I've ordered have been delivered in oraround the times estimated. Sure a week or so later isn't unusual. Dispatched times don't usually happen around the time you've ordered. I'm still getting emails about things being dispatched when I've got them sitting in front of me. I wouldnt worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

7-10 days for delivery here. Few items heading towards 14 days now , this with prime. Not great

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but, was it sold by amazon or third party sellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but, was it sold by amazon or third party sellers?

100% people also need to realise that if you don't have a prime subscription it can be days before your item is picked off the shelf.

With Prime for in stock items longest I've had to wait is 3 working days for Prime items from Amazon themselves.

Even out of stock items have arrived within a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

7-10 days for delivery here. Few items heading towards 14 days now , this with prime. Not great

Yup - i have ordered an item on 29/04 - apparently shipped on the 6th - to be delivered today but tracking doesnt work, no updates and no text messages confirming its with AnPost. I could wait for anything (use AliExpress a lot) but having issues with wifi and got the wifi mesh and this is making our working from home harder with the crap virgin router and disappearing signal :/

I do appreciate the global issues but it got really bad with Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ordered a few things to the UK last week.
    ETA 18-23 may. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It can take a long time for stuff to be picked from the time the order is placed, but from that point onwards it all seems to go relatively quickly and often arrives before the rather pessimistic estimated date.

E.g. I ordered an item on 3rd May, with an estimated delivery date of 15th May. It was dispatched on the 8th May and arrived today, 11th May, 4 days ahead of schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Alun wrote: »
    It can take a long time for stuff to be picked from the time the order is placed, but from that point onwards it all seems to go relatively quickly and often arrives before the rather pessimistic estimated date.

E.g. I ordered an item on 3rd May, with an estimated delivery date of 15th May. It was dispatched on the 8th May and arrived today, 11th May, 4 days ahead of schedule.

Most of the items in fairness arrive sooner than the estimates which is great - especially items for my mother in law which arrived ahead of the schedule. The item I really need is delayed and there is no way in hell the item will turn up by 8 PM today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I have prime and have made 29 orders since start of lockdown. Something definitely changed at start of May, all my orders from 2nd May onwards suddenly had their estimates shoved out, stuff that has been in stock continously has been pushed out 2 to 3 times.

Its definitely crazy season in the UK though seconds class parcels taking 9 days to get to parcel motel, I have a royal mail first class parcel missing since 24th April, Royal Mail just laughed at the sender when he followed up and said come back in three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Certainly keeps the rural postman busy.

Just as An Post had started to downsize their post vans in the last couple of years, they're now getting bigger again to accommodate the sheer number of parcels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Flavour Diaper

I'm looking to buy a small portable box, very difficult to open for those without the key. But I don't want to pay a fortune. Has anyone any experience/recommendations? It MUST be tamper proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes, order stuff from Amazon regularly.
    During lockdown, I place an order and the estimated delivery date is generally 10 days time.
    The items might not dispatch for 5 days and usually end up arriving on or before the estimated date.
    Great customer service if something does wrong / damaged etc.

The reason I started using Amazon in 2005 was because I got sick of going into shops looking for books, music, films and being told
    "No, we don't have it. But I can order it for you."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ordered yesterday and it said 2 weeks. When I switched address to PM it was, 2 days.
    Can't figure it out.
    I have prime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Ordered yesterday and it said 2 weeks. When I switched address to PM it was, 2 days.
    Can't figure it out.
    I have prime

I don't know why they're taking so much longer to dispatch Irish orders. Once dispatched they arrive very quickly. I can get two day delivery to a German address and yet it's not possible to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Non essential items are put to back.of the q, Amazon were told to do this I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭the-island-man

I ordered something lately that was not sent by registered post. I raised a query with the seller and they said royal mail were advising them that parcels were taking 2 to 3 times longer.

I also spoke with the post man lately (I live in a relatively small country parish). He said in normal times if he had 30 parcels to deliver it would be a very busy day. On this particular day he had 60 parcels to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I'm not finding the post slow. The dispatch is slow. Once its dispatched its with me in a couple of days e.g. Stuff that dispatched on Saturday arrived yesterday. But it was ordered over a week before the dispatch day. And another order is still sitting there with an expected delivery date of 14th to 19th.

That's about normal for me and what I was getting pre Covid. I remember the old days when you might get something two days after ordering. But in the last couple of years they seem to want us to pay for prime for stuff to be dispatched quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

timetogo1 wrote: »
    I'm not finding the post slow. The dispatch is slow. Once its dispatched its with me in a couple of days e.g. Stuff that dispatched on Saturday arrived yesterday. But it was ordered over a week before the dispatch day. And another order is still sitting there with an expected delivery date of 14th to 19th.

That's about normal for me and what I was getting pre Covid. I remember the old days when you might get something two days after ordering. But in the last couple of years they seem to want us to pay for prime for stuff to be dispatched quick.

I have Prime and it’s the same.

Advertisement