Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renewed rain and strong winds for west on Monday 7th (onset tonight)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The wind and rain here in south Tipp since 2pm us worse than anything we experienced on Saturday. Its dark since 3pm also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭flutered

A low end Yellow wind warning for Monday. Nothing special.

my neck of the woods has double this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭flutered

The front will be clearing Cork soon.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

i am at the butt of the galtee's, it is still heavy rain with strong winds, thankfully they are not as strong as earlier today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

flutered wrote: »
    i am at the butt of the galtee's, it is still heavy rain with strong winds, thankfully they are not as strong as earlier today

There will still be some heavy showers following on today and tomorrow but the main band of rain has moved eastward now. It's over me here in Waterford now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Big drop from yesterdays record high in the river Moy here at Swinford. Ballina still rising

[IMG][/img]water%20level%207_zps4izmybum.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Today fm are saying that the esb is warning of flooding downstream from its dam in cork.

Parteen weir in Clare/Limerick too
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/flood-warning-as-esb-to-release-water-from-parteen-1-7104179

http://www.thejournal.ie/flood-clare-new-warning-country-damage-2487628-Dec2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Not west (obviously) but very heavy rain in Arklow for the past 3 hours with hail,yes hail!
    Heavier than what we had on Saturday here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Incredible footage from the Air Corp on a section of Ballyhaunis

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/673925776786325504

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,587 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Thanks for earlier comments and I very much agree that you should include the other weather forum mainstays in any positive comments, you know who they are of course, and in the recent Desmond situation we had really good co-ordination from forum moderators and various posters doing the right thing at the right times. We could see the level three rainfall potential and when it became official those people were quick to separate the thread which I think was a good idea. In general here, we can only hope to add a little detail to what is probably generally known around the country from the usual sources of weather information, rarely is there much difference of opinion with Met-E, and I must confess that with today's event, I deliberately added a level to it just because I wanted to convey the idea that flooding might not recede quite as fast as might often be the case with the additional rainfall, seems that way in some areas from your reports.

I may post some thoughts about that level three rainfall business in the other thread if it is still open.

At this point, would say that the warning level on this thread can safely be dropped either to level one or just no warning, except that people in northwest Mayo should expect perhaps level one wind gusts at times tomorrow morning. That threat downgrade of course is not meant to apply to the ongoing flooding which is now going to have to exhaust itself from just a small amount of additional rainfall until possibly a moderate top-up around Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Unlike previous days, tonight could deliver a higher gust factor in those convective showers that are coming in off the Atlantic. Gusts of 55 kts are possible in places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,229 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Unlike previous days, tonight could deliver a higher gust factor in those convective showers that are coming in off the Atlantic. Gusts of 55 kts are possible in places

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Really?

I would think so, with greater mixing of upper winds than occurred in the much more stable conditions of the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It's a wild night here in Cork
    Surely more than gale 8

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

7mm rainfall here in Ardfert today. Wind fresh up untill the late afternoon gusting to 64 kph.

A few blustery showers this evening.

Very mild getting up to 15.0C, currently 10.7C

Advertisement