Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOOHOO finally done

Options
  • 29-11-2005 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.

Bought myself a house and got a call from the builders today to let me know the snag list will be ready to be done for the start of january. that there sending out te closure letter that week. so they said ill be moved in by mid january but is this really the case or can snag lists go on forever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

So you are not done then:D

Snag lists can go on forever and over six weeks to wait is not close in my eyes.

Don't mean to rain on your parade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

LOL i thought it would get ppls attention lol. im so happy that its actually going on. its painted inside and out and they are putting the kitchen in this week so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The trick with snag lists is to create a long list, get the major stuff sorted and forgive the minor ones.

It is generally in the builder's interest to get you finished, but getting his sub-contractors to come back and do minor stuff can be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

The words "Chickens" and "Hatched" are coming to mind. It's great that you are so close to completion but it's important for you to get a good snag list done by a competant person and that you refuse to close until all the major items on the snag have been completed. If it's hard to get snags done before you close, it is next to impossible to get snags done after you close.

The mistake that a lot of buyers make is closing before the snags are completed in the hope that the builder will sort them out afterwards. Be patient and be tough.;)

Advertisement