Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas FM to pull 'Baby it's Cold Outside'

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ELM327 wrote: »
    Do you know what would be great.
    Getting the original version to christmas #1

Can you even buy music anymore? How do you buy music that gets added to the charts?

that would be a bit lame actually

a reaction to the reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

lawred2 wrote: »
    that would be a bit lame actually

a reaction to the reaction
    Lame.
    That's a word that needs to come back, welcome to 1995 slang :D

Don't have a cow, man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lame.

didn't realise it went anywhere...

did you move to the moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Lame.

Don't have a cow, man

Cowabunga!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Lame.

Don't have a cow, man
    dan1895 wrote: »
    Cowabunga!!

WWWAAAAAZZZAAAAAAA !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

blue note wrote: »
    I had to listen to see it because I thought they might be piss take lyrics. In the original she's looking to be rubber
    armed to stay. In this version he sounds like he's trying to get rid of her. I also wonder if someone bet them they couldn't put "your body your choice" into a Christmas song.

The pair singing have fantastic voices though. I suspect it'll get played and I'll enjoy it because I'll just hear the original lyrics in my head.

I imagine it will still trigger certain people-they'll hear the song, be like 'IS THAT THAT SONG WE TRIED TO BAN?!!!!' and then not listen long enough to hear the rewritten version.

I wonder if they will listen-I remember when Band Aid did a more modern update of the song, with the likes of McFly and The Darkness....
    People HATED the song-rang into the radio stations requesting they play the older ones.
    It was pretty much 'we'll buy the s**ty new one, if you'll play the classic versions (I know there are two from the 80s).

Advertisement