Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The No RTE Chatshows Summer Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I literally bumped into Brendan O'Connor at New Order in Trinity a few weeks ago.

I was coming past the Bag Search and he almost took me down.

Do be vigilant as you enjoy your Summer festivities, Brendan can appear at any time out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    I literally bumped into Brendan O'Connor at New Order in Trinity a few weeks ago.

I was coming past the Bag Search and he almost took me down.

Do be vigilant as you enjoy your Summer festivities, Brendan can appear at any time out of nowhere.

Oh, dear.

Is that sort of like that you should never meet your heroes thing?

Anyway, jeeeasus there's bollocks all on telly tonight. Bleedin holy jesus tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,878 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

NATHAN CARTER 3 ARENA LIVE SHOW...

MOSHPIT!!

d4011c285fe81afbc1707858ff0584af.gif

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh, dear.

Is that sort of like that you should never meet your heroes thing?

Anyway, jeeeasus there's bollocks all on telly tonight. Bleedin holy jesus tonight.

Ah sure, it was a bit like this incident - exciting for a brief period and then everyone walked away without holding a grudge

https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/1152893231107121155

I have found my DVD box of Spinal Tap which for once had the Spinal Tap DVD in it, that'll be my viewing for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lethal Weapon 2 on ITV at 10.45
    LethalImmunity.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Vic & Bob on BBC2 NI now.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Vic & Bob on BBC2 NI now.

New series of Bob and Paul Whitehouse’s Fishing programme starts next Friday :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00077cb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have found my DVD box of Spinal Tap which for once had the Spinal Tap DVD in it, that'll be my viewing for tonight

I have to say..... Nathan is playing a blinder.
    I hasten to add I only have saorview :)

I've an itching for an RTE talk show, no Mir and no Tommeh - they should put some kind of filler Summer Saturday Night Talk Show on air again

There is virtually no evidence of Good Grief Moncrieff, Sean Moncrieff's 1996 effort which sank without trace.

Although he did get Bill Murray to film a trailer for it

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/986541024758689793

• Advertisement

Lethal Weapon 2 on ITV at 10.45
    LethalImmunity.gif

Bizarrely this is also on RTE2 tonight

Danny Glover is having a predicament with a bomb on the toilet at the moment

Danny Glover is having a predicament with a bomb on the toilet at the moment

I’m too old for this s**t...he said, as he pulled the flush.

TG4 Sunday 8.30pm

Daniel O'Donnell presents live coverage of the finale of Mary From Dungloe

It's kind of like the Rose Of Tralee. Or the Craggy Island Lovely Girls Competition.

They have ripped up the rulebook this year and let in a Mary with no Irish heritage, that's India Mary

https://maryfromdungloe.ie/meet-the-marys

https://donegalnews.com/2019/07/tg4-to-screen-mary-from-dungloe-crowning-ceremony/

Most of them have lovely bottoms

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Unless they all have lovely bottoms I've no interest.

Bank Holiday Weekend, folks!

*record scratches*

Except for the UK :(

RTE giving you that comedy chucklefest ‘The Butcher Boy’. :pac:

Is it too early to start next year’s summer thread?

The No RTE Chatshows, but Rammstein are coming to Cardiff Thread 2020!

:cool: :D

Sligo move on RTE after the news tonight. Halal daddy. Directed and co written by an occasional drinking buddy of mine, Conor McDermotroe. Good few lads from my local are extras in it. I couldn't make the premiere in Sligo so looking fwd to seeing it tonight.

Just in after what Kevin bloody wilson would call "An absolute c**t of a day.".

I'll record it and go for 2 or 3 pints. Can't concentrate. 😀

M

Colm Meaney with the country accent just don't work, he needs the proper Dub accent with 'jaysus' thrown around every 2nd or 3rd sentence :D

Just finished watching ‘Britain’s Greatest Comedian’ on GOLD.

Won’t reveal who was top, but Billy Connolly was near the top :mad:

Wouldn’t have him anywhere near the top 100. :mad:

Discuss.

*runs for cover*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Springsteen documentary on RTE 2 now, he's talking about depression now, Tubs would relish this.

Signs the Summer is nearly over - the entry form for the Car Postal Quiz on the first LLS of the new series arrived yesterday.

In the small print "Winners will receive their car in January 2020", which is lousy.

M

Signs the Summer is nearly over - the entry form for the Car Postal Quiz on the first LLS of the new series arrived yesterday.

In the small print "Winners will receive their car in January 2020", which is lousy.

What colour make/model is the car? :D

What colour make/model is the car? :D

clio.png

A tangeriney clio yoke, AD

But you can have any colour you like, as long as it's whatever they give you
    The prize for 1 winner is a brand new 020 Renault Clio Expression based on available colour and no alternatives colours will be offered. Model is selected by Renault and is based off the entry model. The car handover will take place in January 2020. Winner must either hold a valid driving licence and will be required to show proof of same prior to handover of prize or must be accompanied by a guest who holds a valid driving licence (and can show proof of same) and who will assume responsibility for transporting the prize to winner's home.

By taking part in the competition, the winner agrees to take part in any post-campaign publicity required by the Promoter, for which no compensation will be offered.

https://www.anpost.com/Latelateshowcompetition

There is an hour long version of Kevin Bridges' most recent show 'The Brand New Tour' on BBC at 10.35pm tonight

I saw that show in Dublin, very funny. Well worth taping.

Maybe save it and stick on when Tubs goes for the first Misery slot in September

LLS researchers frantically trying to get Nora Quorain's parents for the first show of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah jaysis Up for the Match is on tonight and for the first time in living memory there will be no Grainne Seoige. They'll take the People of the Year awards off her next and then we'll never see her on tv again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah jaysis Up for the Match is on tonight and for the first time in living memory there will be no Grainne Seoige. They'll take the People of the Year awards off her next and then we'll never see her on tv again :mad:

Hi all.. :) up for the match is where I draw the line. Too cringey for me. ... congrats yo the Galway camogie ladies. (Hard luck to the Cork ladies)

I'll give it a watch. I'm not that into sports but I've a soft spot for Tipperary hurling. If we weren't involved I wouldn't give it a second glance.

• Advertisement

Jacquie looks very nervous.

Advertisement