Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The No RTE Chatshows Summer Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"There are various types of gangs operating in Ireland at the moment in all our major cities.

Punks, Mods, Rockers, Teds, Greasers, Futuristics, New Romantics, Blitz Kids, Skinheads, Rudie Skinheads, Boot Boys, Hells Angels, Bikers and Ska Boys

And we have some representatives of various gangs on the programme tonight"

It sound like a Brass Eye interview, but it's vintage LLS as Gay sorts out the gangz of the day in this classic clip from 1983

No mention of death or disease, bizarrely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

France were robbed in the Women's World Cup, should we feel any sympathy for them :D

France were robbed in the Women's World Cup, should we feel any sympathy for them :D

I got a fierce sense of discombobulation every time George Hamilton mentioned Cascarino

I mean, I know it's perfectly logical that there could be a woman called Cascarino playing in the Womens World Cup but my old head is still stuck in the last century.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just seen the GAA are bringing the club finals forward to January, and they are talking seriously about a two tier system, and I'm still trying to process the super 8s and the finals being played in August :o

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

My god, if England win the Women’s World Cup, they won’t stop going on about it.

Just like the Irish won’t stop going on about Italia ‘90.

PoliticalYellowishAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement

Just when you thought it was safe to turn on your television ...

Next Saturday on RTE1 at 8.15pm ... Twink Through The Years :eek::pac::eek:

Might be best not to google that one, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What's on tonight, be the hokey?

Ain't Glasto, anyway.

Does anyone else try every year to watch Wimbledon out of nostalgia, but get bored by the time it's 15 love?

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Ain't Glasto, anyway.

Does anyone else try every year to watch Wimbledon out of nostalgia, but get bored by the time it's 15 love?

Best of Glastonbury, BBC Two at 11.05pm :)

That's like, 100 hours away.

Everything is so unfair.

Anyway, I've been listening to that new Irish Beatles podcast, called Nothing Is Real. I recommend it for evryone. Might stick on the Anthology DVDs for a while.

Why are new potatoes called new potatoes?

Are most potatoes not new when they're harvested?

I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,447 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Promo's on the TV page for Tommy Tiernan Show (finished last week) and Ireland's Favourite Folk Song (finished 2 or 3 weeks ago), such a professional organisation, ffs it's run like a Transition Year web site.

https://www.rte.ie/tv/

You can shove it up your f*ckin' hole :o

Keith Duffy was at least more philosophical in reaction to that clip.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Ain't Glasto, anyway.

I can't get enough of it, to be honest.

Love it, always have done.

There's a good Radio One Documentary on Veere Goold, A Waterford man who got to the final in Wimbledon and was also convicted of Murder in Monte Carlo and exiled to Devil's Island

Come on Hollywood, make that movie

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2016/0623/797714-from-waterford-and-wimbledon-to-monaco-and-murder/

https://www.totallydublin.ie/arts-culture/irelands-19th-century-wimbledon-invasion/

Skid X wrote: »
    I can't get enough of it, to be honest.

Love it, always have done.

There's a good Radio One Documentary on Veere Goold, A Waterford man who got to the final in Wimbledon and was also convicted of Murder in Monte Carlo and exiled to Devil's Island

Come on Hollywood, make that movie

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2016/0623/797714-from-waterford-and-wimbledon-to-monaco-and-murder/

https://www.totallydublin.ie/arts-culture/irelands-19th-century-wimbledon-invasion/

Really?

I want to like it, just find it boring. Maybe a couple of hours in a row might get the interest going?

Maybe.

Listening to the new Springsteen album, the man still has it, hope I look anywhere near as good if I reach that age.

Twink in her own TV special?

*shudder*

The remake of ‘Arthur’ starring Russell Brand (I know it’s crazy, but it’s true)?

*double shudder*

‘MRS BROWN’S BOYS D’MOVIE’?!

SHUDDER OVERLOAD!!

tenor.gif?itemid=11898716

Euphoria by Loreen and now ABBA playing while Sweden celebrate third place in the Women's World Cup, hope they play Meshuggah next.

Can't believe they dragged Jon Kenny into that Mrs Brown's boys atrocity :(

Full episode of eighties Sunday Night staple Murphy's Micro Quiz-M here

This was an odd show, Mike Murphy and lots of co-hosts giving away lots of prizes to families in a vaguely technology based show.

The highlight every week was a computer game played every week for the kidz, which made most of us lust after a Commodore 64 or Spectrum ZX81

At 27.22 a rare opportunity to hear Mike Murphy giving a running commentary of the two young lads playing Donkey Kong rip off 'Killer Gorilla', with a few bits of advice from Mike
    "Up them steps and jump over the barrel ... lep up there and grab the hammer"

If RTE commissioned Mike Murphy today to do a similar 80s retro video gameshow battle contest, I would pay my Licence Fee

There's a feature length doc in the schedules on Wednesday which might be of interest (RTE1 9.30pm)

'Shoulder To Shoulder with Brian O'Driscoll' was previously shown on BT Sport, it is about Irish Rugby and how the North and South played together through the troubles

• Advertisement

The Hangover on RTE 2 now, it's eerie how much your man looks like Brendan Grace, is this another tribute to him?

Speaking of Brendan, I was surprised to learn (on TVCream.co.uk) that he sang the version of I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester, which was copied almost verbatim by The Wurzels who had a huge hit in the UK

Brendan's version was a piss take of this song, but it was a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Listening to the new Springsteen album, the man still has it, hope I look anywhere near as good if I reach that age.

Agreed and he said in an interview recently that he has new songs wriiten for the E Street Band that will be recorded before Christmas.Still great times to be a Bruce fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,447 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Might be of interest for Friday night....
    https://twitter.com/BBCFOUR/status/1147094985113776129

I’m still waiting for A Night In With The Reynolds Girls!

Lots of houses being jacked, no Fleetwood Mac. :)

Might be of interest for Friday night....
    https://twitter.com/BBCFOUR/status/1147094985113776129

@LukeGoss @MattGoss Why does Miriam O'Callaghan get to pick and choose which Summers she does a chat show, and why dont RTE replace her with someone better? #BrosNight #BrendanForever

Another chance to catch this year’s LLS Country Music special, followed by ‘The Nathan Carter Show’.

giphy.gif

Ah Jesus...

At least they're showing the film of the 80 year old man who started flying a few years ago on Monday.

Another chance to catch this year’s LLS Country Music special, followed by ‘The Nathan Carter Show’.

giphy.gif

We're going to need a bigger window ...

Next Friday there is a two hour long Nathan ****ing Carter concert on RTE :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I know. He had a 10 minute ad on Ray Darcy today.

Advertisement