Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The No RTE Chatshows Summer Thread 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lethal Weapon 2 on ITV at 10.45
    LethalImmunity.gif

Bizarrely this is also on RTE2 tonight

Danny Glover is having a predicament with a bomb on the toilet at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,303 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    Danny Glover is having a predicament with a bomb on the toilet at the moment

I’m too old for this s**t...he said, as he pulled the flush.

TG4 Sunday 8.30pm

Daniel O'Donnell presents live coverage of the finale of Mary From Dungloe

It's kind of like the Rose Of Tralee. Or the Craggy Island Lovely Girls Competition.

They have ripped up the rulebook this year and let in a Mary with no Irish heritage, that's India Mary

https://maryfromdungloe.ie/meet-the-marys

https://donegalnews.com/2019/07/tg4-to-screen-mary-from-dungloe-crowning-ceremony/

Most of them have lovely bottoms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Unless they all have lovely bottoms I've no interest.

Bank Holiday Weekend, folks!

*record scratches*

Except for the UK :(

RTE giving you that comedy chucklefest ‘The Butcher Boy’. :pac:

Is it too early to start next year’s summer thread?

The No RTE Chatshows, but Rammstein are coming to Cardiff Thread 2020!

:cool: :D

Sligo move on RTE after the news tonight. Halal daddy. Directed and co written by an occasional drinking buddy of mine, Conor McDermotroe. Good few lads from my local are extras in it. I couldn't make the premiere in Sligo so looking fwd to seeing it tonight.

Just in after what Kevin bloody wilson would call "An absolute c**t of a day.".

I'll record it and go for 2 or 3 pints. Can't concentrate. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,508 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Colm Meaney with the country accent just don't work, he needs the proper Dub accent with 'jaysus' thrown around every 2nd or 3rd sentence :D

Just finished watching ‘Britain’s Greatest Comedian’ on GOLD.

Won’t reveal who was top, but Billy Connolly was near the top :mad:

Wouldn’t have him anywhere near the top 100. :mad:

Discuss.

*runs for cover*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Springsteen documentary on RTE 2 now, he's talking about depression now, Tubs would relish this.

Signs the Summer is nearly over - the entry form for the Car Postal Quiz on the first LLS of the new series arrived yesterday.

In the small print "Winners will receive their car in January 2020", which is lousy.

M

Skid X wrote: »
    Signs the Summer is nearly over - the entry form for the Car Postal Quiz on the first LLS of the new series arrived yesterday.

In the small print "Winners will receive their car in January 2020", which is lousy.

What colour make/model is the car? :D

clio.png

A tangeriney clio yoke, AD

But you can have any colour you like, as long as it's whatever they give you
    The prize for 1 winner is a brand new 020 Renault Clio Expression based on available colour and no alternatives colours will be offered. Model is selected by Renault and is based off the entry model. The car handover will take place in January 2020. Winner must either hold a valid driving licence and will be required to show proof of same prior to handover of prize or must be accompanied by a guest who holds a valid driving licence (and can show proof of same) and who will assume responsibility for transporting the prize to winner's home.

By taking part in the competition, the winner agrees to take part in any post-campaign publicity required by the Promoter, for which no compensation will be offered.

https://www.anpost.com/Latelateshowcompetition

There is an hour long version of Kevin Bridges' most recent show 'The Brand New Tour' on BBC at 10.35pm tonight

I saw that show in Dublin, very funny. Well worth taping.

Maybe save it and stick on when Tubs goes for the first Misery slot in September

LLS researchers frantically trying to get Nora Quorain's parents for the first show of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah jaysis Up for the Match is on tonight and for the first time in living memory there will be no Grainne Seoige. They'll take the People of the Year awards off her next and then we'll never see her on tv again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah jaysis Up for the Match is on tonight and for the first time in living memory there will be no Grainne Seoige. They'll take the People of the Year awards off her next and then we'll never see her on tv again :mad:

Hi all.. :) up for the match is where I draw the line. Too cringey for me. ... congrats yo the Galway camogie ladies. (Hard luck to the Cork ladies)

I'll give it a watch. I'm not that into sports but I've a soft spot for Tipperary hurling. If we weren't involved I wouldn't give it a second glance.

Jacquie looks very nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Muahahaha wrote: »

Jackie hurley is a poor substitute, awful frumpy girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Jackie hurley is a poor substitute, awful frumpy girl

Yeah Im not a fan, especially not over the lovely Grainne. If they really had to wield the axe on Irelands loveliest girl then Joanne Cantwell would've been a better shout, shes a lot more knowledgeable than Jackie when it comes to GAA.

M

Hawkeye is brutal in that it's not set to measure goals in GAA too.

For f*ck sake. Could they not leave the misery slot slot out for one night?

M

sligojoek wrote: »
    For f*ck sake. Could they not leave the misery slot slot out for one night?

Yes there was me thinking I had missed it :pac:

It's a pity they don't have Paul Shelley on. The man was a legend in his day.

INPHO_00020724.jpg

Do you remember TacoFries posted here on the LLS thread before and after his appearance on the LLS Inventers show with his Shower organiser thing? (In this thread, from Post 14 onwards)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057952007

Well, the boy TacoFries popped up on the BBC version of Dragons Den on Sunday!

He was the first pitcher on the show, it's on Youtube at the time of writing. I don't think it gets a repeat

An impressive performance, He was posting on Enterpreneurial Forum this week about it, fair play to him.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111016628

Same sh1te different year.

"You can't download soul."

https://www.thejournal.ie/ryan-tubridy-late-late-show-2-4778027-Aug2019/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Tubridy doesn’t expect to be presenting the Late Late for 37 years like Gay Byrne did, but he’s geared up for the challenge ahead.

“The reason I’m probably sitting forward now not leaning back in my chair is because I’m hungry,” he said. “And I’m passionate. I just feel that we can do something with it now. Because the landscape has changed.”

this_time_with_alan_partridge_alan.jpg

M

Having 2 chatshows a week in such a tiny country most of the year and then not having a single chatshow a week during the summer months makes as much commercial sense as warming your house by burning sun dried €50 notes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Reeling in the Years 1996 on now, those upset teenage girls when Take That broke up, identical to my reaction when the Second Captain lads left Off the Ball in 2013.

And Radiohead accompanying the Dunblane massacre and Veronica Guerin's murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Reeling in the Years 1996 on now, those upset teenage girls when Take That broke up, identical to my reaction when the Second Captain lads left Off the Ball in 2013.

And Radiohead accompanying the Dunblane massacre and Veronica Guerin's murder.

Ha! People in the office honestly thought I had received some serious personal news that Second Captains day.

Another nugget from KillianM2, a collection of clips from Gay Byrne's LLS career.
    Apparently compiled around the time of his departure from the show in 1999 but not broadcast.

Some great stuff in this (49 minutes long)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ha! People in the office honestly thought I had received some serious personal news that Second Captains day.

4th March 2013, never forget, went to Slash at the Olympia that night so I didn't find out till the next night when I put on the radio and heard Molloy and Gilroy presenting and thought there was a coup or something, while it worked out in the end was still quite a jolt at the time.

Hmm. I went to Slash on the 3rd, which the ticket I got him to sign when I met him that night and have framed in the front room here says was a Sunday. It feels unlikely I would go to work the day after a gig like that.

Maybe I did, but the important thing is that I got to mention I met Slash again. It was awesome.

It's great TG4 are showing an updated version of All-Ireland Gold.

We're into the last week of this thread alraedy, doesn't seem like that long ago since the summer started, and Metallica were on their way here, pretty rotten weather today, winter is on it's way.

Anyway this time next week we'll have the misery slot back, can't wait!

We're into the last week of this thread alraedy, doesn't seem like that long ago since the summer started, and Metallica were on their way here, pretty rotten weather today, winter is on it's way.

Anyway this time next week we'll have the misery slot back, can't wait!

This has happened before. Long evenings and everything is tremendous and then BAM! it's dark and we're all watching interviews about cancer and flooding. I saw something about the guests in the first show. I'm not sure, but I think it's someone I don't care about in the absolute slightest. Probably off that silly gym and filler weirdos on what isn't even an island bullshìt.

But, sher, it'll be grand!