Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I ended up ringing them on Tuesday and was asked the most bizarre questions such as for the phone number of my bank on the back of my card.

I was told they would escalate my case and get a response within 24 hours...still nothing.

I'm not being unreasonable surely in thinking an operation of this size not having email support when stuff like this happens is seriously shoddy? Only positive is that they haven't charged me since my trial has ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,339 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Smallville & Ally McBeal have been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Smallville & Ally McBeal have been added.

Just to note, they are not on Irish Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Vice & empire strikes back added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Vice is there a bit i watched last week a good recommend for anyone to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Vice is there a bit i watched last week a good recommend for anyone to watch

to the UK it was added last week , think to the Irish site today

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It part 1and Green Book were also added in the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Does anyone know what the story is with the Seinfeld episode ordering? They don't match with imdb which I know goes by broadcast but some episodes aren't even in the same season on both platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

3 days ago Amazon realised I'm actually in Ireland, not the UK and has locked me out of the UK content.

Did this happen to anyone else? Or, what have I (or my kids) done to the settings?

The address they have is a Parcel Motel one in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

3 days ago Amazon realised I'm actually in Ireland, not the UK and has locked me out of the UK content.

They aren't supposed to do this under EU law. Obviously you make them believe that you are from the UK but then you are allowed to use your UK content anywhere in the EU. Well at least until the UK leaves the EU. At that stage we will all be geo locked out of UK content without VPN.

Unless you have told them that you live in Ireland rather than the UK I would think that they will unlock you again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To be clear, the Portability Regulation only allows you to access your home country’s content when you are on holidays or a short business trip - it does not allow you to access that content if you move permanently to another Member State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with the Seinfeld episode ordering? They don't match with imdb which I know goes by broadcast but some episodes aren't even in the same season on both platforms.

I've been watching Seinfeld the last few weeks and got a bit confused as well.
    Apparently they broadcast it in the wrong order when it first came out. I can't seem to find the link about it.
    Season 1 and 2 are bundled together as well.

Its in the right order but not in broadcast order... I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

icdg wrote:
    To be clear, the Portability Regulation only allows you to access your home country’s content when you are on holidays or a short business trip - it does not allow you to access that content if you move permanently to another Member State.

Agreed but you can live in the UK at the weekend and work in Ireland Monday to Friday. Its breaks EU regulations blocking the UK content in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

A few weeks ago I noticed The Walking Dead Season 8 & 9 were on the Prime Video tvOS app. I cn remember checking that they were actually available as I've noticed some content appears, but is not playable. I don't remember if Season 9 was available but the first few seconds of 8 played.

Last night I sat down to watch Season 8 and it was not on the app at all.

On the iOS app and the Prime video website there is several different collections of The Walking Dead - a set of seasons 1 to 6 which are available and a set of seasons 1 to 9 with only only 7 and 8 available.

Is it like this with other shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

I had been getting UK content for ages on my Prime Video account here in Ireland but card I used to pay for it expired and I never spotted this and account was cancelled. Since then I have a load of issues getting back this content, I am wondering can anyone advise me what way they have it setup?

I currently have on my Amazon account - 2 addresses an Irish and UK one and just 1 payment card Irish one. I have default address as UK one and my 1 click settings set to UK also. Is there something here I need to change?

As recently I have been signing up to Irish version for €2.99 a month and then contacting a chat agent to switch my content to UK as seen here on a previous boards thread. This has proven a lot harder then before to change and last time I was told to remove my payment card and they changed my location settings I think and then got me to add card back in again. However after my first month is up and due to take my next payment my Prime account stops working and I have to go through same procedure again, as stated in first paragraph this never used to be the case.

Just wondering has anyone any tips what I need to do?? I would like to have this sorted before Brexit kicks in as can imagine be a lot harder to get UK content then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Have been reading a lot of threads on here and there is a lot of conflicting advice. I have a prime video subscription, but not all my tv's are smart tv's where I can load the prime app - although they are full HD. I also have one 4K tv which I would like to use the firestick 4k for IPTV,and I want to future-proof myself for the inevitable 4K upgrades. My questions are these :

1. If I use parcel motel as my primary address will I get prime video here?

2. If not, people are saying contact Amazon and tell them I live in the UK, can they not tell by the device itself where it is?

3. Some people are also saying tell them I live in the UK but work in Ireland, is using the firestick while travelling allowed?

Just to be clear, I don't want to use a VPN, and I don't want to have to use side-loaded apps to watch prime video, just want to get what I pay for. I know they ship a "basic" firestick here, but going by reviews it only has a function of the functionality of the 4K version, and obviously the picture quality wont be as good.

If anybody can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated....thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Are all seasons of the expanse on the Irish sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

kingaaa wrote: »
    Have been reading a lot of threads on here and there is a lot of conflicting advice. I have a prime video subscription, but not all my tv's are smart tv's where I can load the prime app - although they are full HD. I also have one 4K tv which I would like to use the firestick 4k for IPTV,and I want to future-proof myself for the inevitable 4K upgrades. My questions are these :

1. If I use parcel motel as my primary address will I get prime video here?

2. If not, people are saying contact Amazon and tell them I live in the UK, can they not tell by the device itself where it is?

3. Some people are also saying tell them I live in the UK but work in Ireland, is using the firestick while travelling allowed?

Just to be clear, I don't want to use a VPN, and I don't want to have to use side-loaded apps to watch prime video, just want to get what I pay for. I know they ship a "basic" firestick here, but going by reviews it only has a function of the functionality of the 4K version, and obviously the picture quality wont be as good.

If anybody can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated....thanks

I have UK Prime. All I did was:

1. Have previously had things ordered and delivered to Parcel Motel’s UK address.
    2. Register a Sterling currency card with Revolut as payment method.
    3. Contact customer care and ask them to change it. My request was sent on as the team that handles hose weren’t online at the time.
    4. Got an email the next morning to say they had processed my request.
    5. Changed payment method back to original AIB card.

Not sure you even need to go the route I did with the sterling Revolut card but I thought it might help my cause. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

beauf wrote: »
    Are all seasons of the expanse on the Irish sub.
    Yep.

I have UK Prime. All I did was:

1. Have previously had things ordered and delivered to Parcel Motel’s UK address.
    2. Register a Sterling currency card with Revolut as payment method.
    3. Contact customer care and ask them to change it. My request was sent on as the team that handles hose weren’t online at the time.
    4. Got an email the next morning to say they had processed my request.
    5. Changed payment method back to original AIB card.

Not sure you even need to go the route I did with the sterling Revolut card but I thought it might help my cause. :)

Ok, I have Parcel Motel and I have a Revolut card, what exactly did you say to them though? I mean, did they ask questions why you were using it in the Republic of Ireland?

• Advertisement

Ok, I have Parcel Motel and I have a Revolut card, what exactly did you say to them though? I mean, did they ask questions why you were using it in the Republic of Ireland?

I think I might have used a vpn to base myself in the uk when I contacted them and signed in when I logged the request.

I just said my region isn’t showing as UK for Prime and I think it should be. It worked.

I think I might have used a vpn to base myself in the uk when I contacted them and signed in when I logged the request.

I just said my region isn’t showing as UK for Prime and I think it should be. It worked.

Oh, don't want to go down the VPN route...thanks for the info though

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Question: how do you go about getting a sterling Revolut card?

Question: how do you go about getting a sterling Revolut card?

I just have a premium revolut card, it can be euros, dollars or sterling?

Oh, don't want to go down the VPN route...thanks for the info though

I don't use a vpn for accessing Prime. I just used the free tunnel bear service for that one thing. Good luck with it.

I don't use a vpn for accessing Prime. I just used the free tunnel bear service for that one thing. Good luck with it.

oh, so once you signed into prime UK using it that was it? no need for a VPN after Amazon changed the settings?.... funnily enough I just signed into prime video on the p.c. it has me being in the UK and asked me if I wanted to change it to Ireland, I wonder if it would work....

oh, so once you signed into prime UK using it that was it? no need for a VPN after Amazon changed the settings?.... funnily enough I just signed into prime video on the p.c. it has me being in the UK and asked me if I wanted to change it to Ireland, I wonder if it would work....

I just signed in on a vpn and left the session open while I started a chat with customer care. In case they checked there and then. That’s all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

A chromecast might be a handy option for the non-smart tvs, casting was added a few months ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When getting the English prime content I didn't use a VPN, revolut or change anything, just contacted them on the chat.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

When getting the English prime content I didn't use a VPN, revolut or change anything, just contacted them on the chat.

Yeah I heard that wasn’t working for some so just did so as a precaution. :)

Advertisement