Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid-Fire Walrus - Necro's House of Horrors

Options
  • 29-10-2020 12:08pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks let's do this.

Quickfire Walrus :D

Categories:

1. Scariest Song EVER: I want the wild, weird and wonderful here. If it terrifies me, it's gonna do well here - no matter how bad it is!!

2. My Bloody Halloween: A track that has a reference to something scary in the title.

3. Halloween at the Movies: Send me a track that appeared on a horror movie, that simple.

Planning to run this on Saturday or Sunday depending on other events in the forum.

Are you brave enough to enter Necro's House of Horror Walrus??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Oooh food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sweet. Off to listen to my terrifying music playlist... I knew it'd come in handy some day... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

i definitely have some pretty horrific music

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

But will it scare me :P

Necro wrote: »
    But will it scare me :P

What music generally scares you?

Crazy frog is terrifying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What music generally scares you?

Crazy frog is terrifying

Crazy Frog is immensely irritating, not sure it's that scary though.

It's a fair question. Death Metal absolutely terrifies me :pac:

But for the more regular...

The above give me such an eerie feeling listening to them, particularly the middle one.

And we have our first entrant, welcome aboard EN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    And we have our first entrant, welcome aboard EN :D
    rmpnsgbpwcb7jwurciew.gif

I'll be honest, I spent more time looking for that gif than picking the songs :pac:

Sometimes it's best not to overthink!
    The first song is one I nearly entered into Tusk's so I had it in my head. The next two came pretty quickly too

Edit: I trust I get bonus points for the name of my first song too, sounds truly terrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I think I'm sorted for 1 and 3. May need Google's help for 2 as I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

The first category will be difficult for me.
    I have some ideas in my head, but keeping in mind how much you disliked Throbbing Gristle's Hamburger Lady in your regular Walrus, some of them would be non-runners :D

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I have some ideas in my head, but keeping in mind how much you disliked Throbbing Gristle's Hamburger Lady in your regular Walrus, some of them would be non-runners :D

Now THAT was terrifying. My poor ears :D

Cheers for the reminder, as was just thinking of this one... Crossing that off the list anyway. :D

4 entrants now, ticking along nicely :)

insk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In. I love these quickie walrai and sheep. Bish bash bosh and no hanging about waiting :)

In. I love these quickie walrai and sheep. Bish bash bosh and no hanging about waiting :)

speaking of which.... have u entered mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

and in.

I think for the first category I may have the last place in the bag - sorry Necro :)

Up to 8 now woot!!

This is looking like it's gonna be great!!

I think for the first category I may have the last place in the bag - sorry Necro :)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

giphy.gif
    Fun EN story - a mate once told me I didn't have the guts to go talk to a girl I was admiring, so I delivered that line and wandered over. She's now my wife and he was my best man :D

• Advertisement

Fun EN story - a mate once told me I didn't have the guts to go talk to a girl I was admiring, so I delivered that line and wandered over. She's now my wife and he was my best man :D

giphy.gif

Entered.

I'm a bit of a Grinch when it comes to Hallowe'en and have pretty much zero interest in horror movies, so not expecting much here. But if I come last it simply means that I distressed Necro the most, which is what Hallowe'en is all about surely?

1126141.jpg?b64lines=aSBuZWVkIHRoZSBtb3N0IAp3aG9sZXNvbWUgY29udGVudCAKeW91IGhhdmUKCgoKCgoKCgpubywgdGhhdCdzIHRvbyB3aG9sZXNvbWU=

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

tusk wrote: »
    speaking of which.... have u entered mine?
    I have indeed.

Ok I've got the spreadsheet up and running, we have a bloodthirsty mob of 9 submissions so far.

Skelentrants:

Electric Nitwit
    the purple tin
    s1ippy
    $hifty
    tusk
    Irish Aris
    Kolido
    Homer J. Fong
    Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tenor.gif

In!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Really struggling with cat 3

-edit-

And in

I knew I needed to post i was struggling in order to find inspiration

When is closing time Necro?

beakerjoe wrote:
    When is closing time Necro?

12 bells tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

And I'm in

• Advertisement

Awesome, I'll update our spook-tacular line up when I finish work... which is very taxing and annoying today for some reason.

Advertisement