Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratches on white car

Options
  • 25-10-2020 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope someone can help, ive accumulated alot of scraches on my car the last year, got a bad one today.. im deciding whether to go professional or order paint and do it myself. I've attached some pics
    im in the swords area in dublin if anyone can recommend someone, what price would i be looking at approximately?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

They're more than scratches to be fair, without trying to sound smart.

I'd definitely be going the professional route. You simply won't get anywhere near a good finish if you DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

They're more than scratches to be fair, without trying to sound smart.

I'd definitely be going the professional route. You simply won't get anywhere near a good finish if you DIY.

Thanks, appreciate the honesty! Any idea how much it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Probably looking around €250

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Acey10 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope someone can help, ive accumulated alot of scraches on my car the last year, got a bad one today.. im deciding whether to go professional or order paint and do it myself. I've attached some pics
    im in the swords area in dublin if anyone can recommend someone, what price would i be looking at approximately?

Many thanks

They are bumps and crash damage.
    If you try DIY it, it will look like tip-ex on a copy book.

The bumpers need to be painted or the corners blown in at the very least.

thanks ill have to look around and find somewhere, it would be a crash repair and not a garage? may have to wait until level 5 is finished.

• Advertisement

Yeah, crash repair, or even SMART repairer might be cheaper again

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm not expert but that has to be sanded, filled and painted imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Acey10 wrote: »
    thanks ill have to look around and find somewhere, it would be a crash repair and not a garage? may have to wait until level 5 is finished.

I thought that crash repairs & body shops were allowed to open during level 5?
    Google says that there are places open in Dublin today, despite the bank holiday

Google says that there are places open in Dublin today, despite the bank holiday

Thanks, i emailed the two recommended to me pictures of the damage last night, theres one on swords main st so im going to call into them too, going to get afew quotes first.

Thanks again

I got a quote for 450!! I cant afford that right now, ill need to keep looking i just hope it doesnt get worse 😣

• Advertisement

Keep looking.

Try auto smart repairs in Ballyfermot. They have a mobile workshop too so can come to you.

If you go looking quotes by sending in photos then you will nearly always get a high quote that errs on the side of caution. These places are going to cover their ass when giving prices for a job they haven't seen in the flesh. They probably quoted for an entire bumper or panel respray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

bazz26 wrote: »
    If you go looking quotes by sending in photos then you will nearly always get a high quote that errs on the side of caution. These places are going to cover their ass when giving prices for a job they haven't seen in the flesh. They probably quoted for an entire bumper or panel respray.

Most places will only do the full section. They are against SMART repairs and/or have had bad experiences with customers if they do a half bumper for them.

I'd agree, spraying half a panel is not the right way to do a proper job.

myshirt wrote: »
    Most places will only do the full section. They are against SMART repairs and/or have had bad experiences with customers if they do a half bumper for them.

I’ve had tonnes of car bumpers of ex rental cars repaired and blended by smart repairers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 padraig737

I think 300-350 would be reasonable.

Thanks for all the replies, cheapest quote i could get is 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's a difference between being allowed to open and travelling more than 5k from your home.

Advertisement