Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Looks decent, will need some gameplay info though. Looks like it's back to one protagonist (which is probably for the best seeing as how it messed up people's characters in the DLC of the last game). No real sign of if he's superpowered or not. Hidden blade is back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well that looks savage. Love the sound of the settlement as well.

https://www.ign.com/articles/assassins-creed-valhalla-ps5-xbox-series-x-2020-gameplay-story

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    Hidden blade is back anyway.
    The hidden blade is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Haven’t played the last two but this has caught my attention. Very excited about this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I almost feel sorry for Ubi on this. They've clearly been planning to go Viking for years and years, and then God of War comes along and does it in game of the year fashion right as they finally decide to get around to actually doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Played Odyssey and put 140 odd hours into it, loved it even if it did get a bit repetitive.

Playing Origins currently and digging it, skipping most of the cut scenes that aren't main plot related helps with the feeling of lag.

Love me some Vikings so sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm in the middle of watching Vinland Saga so this is right up my street now.
    I've not played an AC game since the one in Florence but it will be a definite purchase for the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This will probably be the first AC game i've played since AC3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well that looks savage. Love the sound of the settlement as well.

https://www.ign.com/articles/assassins-creed-valhalla-ps5-xbox-series-x-2020-gameplay-story

Guess I was wrong on the no female protagonist part
    In addition to playing Eivor as either male or female, players will also be able to customize Eivor’s hair, tattoos, clothing, war paint, and gear. Meanwhile, choices will have to be made in the story, including dialogue choices and “political alliances” that will affect the world of Valhalla.

Everything sounds good so far anyway. Like the sounds of the settlement too, one of the things I loved from AC2 was building up Monteriggioni. As console launch title line-ups can often be fairly dull/bland, AC:V could be the big game to play on the new consoles at launch, just like Black Flag was for PS4/XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Classic Ubisoft to advertise a Gold Edition as soon as it was physically possible to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lady Eivor it is (how do you pronounce the name?). I can definitely see you taking a detour to Ireland for a chapter. They should just drop the assassin's creed part and make it a stand alone story about Vikings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

CatInABox wrote: »
    I almost feel sorry for Ubi on this. They've clearly been planning to go Viking for years and years, and then God of War comes along and does it in game of the year fashion right as they finally decide to get around to actually doing it.

What makes you think they have been planning it for years? Id be more inclined to believe their market research brought them to the vikings based on God of wars popularity. If they had a lick of sense, they would have went to Japan this outing, Samurai/Ninja's would work alot better with regards to an assassins creed than bloody vikings :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Xbox Series X gameplay reveal on May 7th, including Vahalla.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1255889762864361472

For anyone that hasn't seen an Inside Xbox before, they're usually quite..... American, I guess you could say. ****e is another word I'd use, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

nix wrote: »
    What makes you think they have been planning it for years?

A game like this has a 5/6 year development tail.
    It doesn't happen over 2 :)

Well, I'm excited anyway! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ACO was without doubt my GOTY, it was years since i played an AC game but ACO shocked me with its quality.
    While playing i wondering what a Viking or fuedal Japan might suit the direction they took with ACO.
    Ill take Vikings for sure, cant wait.

marcbrophy wrote: »

Essentially this. They would have been mid way through development when God of War dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CatInABox wrote: »
    Essentially this. They would have been mid way through development when God of War dropped.

They probably started development right after finishing the last origins dlc. There is also 14 other studios working on the game compared to 7 that worked on Odyssey

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Very excited for this, interested to see how they can tie in the assassin’s lore to the Viking era. Looking forward to gameplay footage but I can’t imagine it being poor given that this type of world and combat is so well suited to video games, and Ubi have proven themselves capable of fun combat with Origins and Odyssey.

If it is indeed a next generation launch title as expected, it’ll be more than enough to justify a new console for quite a few, it’s definitely going to encourage me anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So, we're fighting the English again, grand. :D

Pity no Irish, we've a fair bit of history with them..

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

So, we're fighting the English again, grand. :D

Pity no Irish, we've a fair bit of history with them..

From the rumours going around, Ireland is involved as well, possibly Brian Boru as a character as well. Could all be bull though.

• Advertisement

KINGDOMS_Announce_pack_COLLECTOR-EDITION_200430_5pm_CET_GB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

marcbrophy wrote: »

Where are you getting that info?

Quick google tells me Odyssey was made within 3 years :confused:

And that was probably the most effort they have put into an AC game in a long while :pac:

And that was probably the most effort they have put into an AC game in a long while :pac:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-30-assassins-creed-valhalla-reshapes-the-series-rpg-storytelling-by-giving-you-a-viking-settlement
    From Eurogamer article
    For more than two and a half years, Valhalla has been in development by the Assassin's Creed Origins team at Ubisoft Montreal. Led by Ashraf Ismail, creative director of series standouts like Origins and Black Flag, it has also had the support of an eye-popping 14 other studios worldwide. It's a monumental project, designed from scratch to debut on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X later this year (along with versions for PS4, Xbox One and Stadia).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Same old cinematic blueprint of sh*t from Ubisoft, creatively bankrupt. This trailer would be cool 10 years ago, the only thing they improved upon was the graphical fidelity. Snoozefest

Game might be alright though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

In this era of 4k, high fidelity graphics, who are these cinematics even FOR these days? Obviously all promotions are to drum up interest, but these prerendered scenes don't seem to have a value to gamers, who are wise to their bullsh*t...

Visually very nice but the trailer did noting else for me. I'm hopeful though given the improvements in the last two games. They need to look at the mission structure this time out I think. Last game still had a fair deal of annoying fetch or repetitive missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just an assumption, that was proved wrong by Eoin :D
    If this has less than a 3 year dev cycle, I'm impressed!
    Even if 15 studios were working on it!

Activities include hunting, fishing, dice and drinking games or traditional Norse competitions like flyting otherwise known as Viking rap battle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

kept expecting Senua to turn up in that trailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

KINGDOMS_Announce_pack_COLLECTOR-EDITION_200430_5pm_CET_GB.jpg
    €199.99 for that :eek:

I would like if there was an edition with just the game and steelbook as I like steelbooks.

Advertisement