Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Caravan Storage- Dublin/Meath

Options
  • 07-11-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi
    im about to buy a 14ft caravan for low cost holidays and i need to store it but any self storage companys seem quite dear considering the small value of the caravan.

Does anyone know my best option?

Also i read that sometimes farmers will store for you,
    Anyone know somebody and how much do it cost?

All replies are much appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Seanmur, did you have any luck with storage? Once again my van has outstayed its welcome at the inlaws place and badly needs a home for the winter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wisjoc

Try Mini Storage www.ministorage.ie . They are just off Junction 5 of the M50. It is secure with 24 hour access.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

I have mine in a shed in Meath, near Dunshaughlin, for a euro a day. Not sure how much space he has left, but if anyone is interested, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adwit010

I run a Storage company called Straffan Self Storage. We also provide yard space for caravans etc. If you PM me I can give you more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

We store our motorhome here for €200 per year. Very secure and easily accessible. Send me a PM and I'll pass you their contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

http://www.slaneconcertparking.ie/Storage.html

€150 for 6 months. I think a lot pof people just store motorhomes for the winter.
    €200 per year.
    tis mighty what a bit of competition will do::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carkeys

Hi Guys,

Would anyone have a contact for caravan storage in South Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mikejrooney

adwit010 wrote: »
    I run a Storage company called Straffan Self Storage. We also provide yard space for caravans etc. If you PM me I can give you more details.
    hi, I need to store a camper van for 3months can you give a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

Hi,

Anyone have recommendations for caravan storage in Dublin, ideally north Dublin close to M50?

What sort of costs are involved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

There are some U Store It places in Finglas near the M50. You would have to ask for a quote. I know there is a self storage place near me that charges €20 per week for parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 batskat

*Kol* wrote: »
    There are some U Store It places in Finglas near the M50. You would have to ask for a quote. I know there is a self storage place near me that charges €20 per week for parking.

eeek thats €1040 a year and €2.85 a day

I was thinking to buy a carvan but when I added up the costs with storage and fuel and the rest it was cheaper to stuff tent in the boot and keep the tent in the garage in winter

Batskat

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Joemc

Hello All,

Sorry to open this tread up again but just bought a campervan and need to store it somewhere. I have it parked on the road but parking becoming a problem in the estate that I live so need to get it moved.

Does anybody know anywhere preferably on the north side of Dublin that will store campervans. I have rang around a few places and they are either full or don't store them any more. I have tried Ustore , slanestorage . dublin self storage , newgrange storage , fingal storage , maynooth motors to name a few but no storage available.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

Try http://www.greenmeadowcaravanstorage.ie they are in Red Cross, unfortunately bit far from Dublin but they should have spaces

Thanks for getting back Moonship.

Its on the list of possibles but really trying to get something closer. Really want the flexibility of been able to head off on a Friday at short notice. The further away the van is located the less flexible.

I am going to hold out for a month or so to see if I can sort something out but if not will need to consider further afield.

All I am looking for is a sport in a yard , warehouse or some sort of enclosed area.

Can do cash or barter.

Thanks again.
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Richie2110

Sorry to bring this up again but does anyone know where i could store a caravan South Dublin, preferably close to clondalkin or Blessington as i work in Clondalkin and Live in blessington.

Prefer it to be indoors but if i can get an outdoor slot at a reasonable price i'll take it. Don't want to pay thru the roof as we need it stored due to the property we've moved into doesn't have adequate room to park it at the house.

In need ASAP before i need to put her up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

newbie question - why do people put their motorhomes in storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Richie2110

lennymc wrote: »

Generally some people dont have the facility to store on there own property. For me its solely cause i dont have the room to park it. Others could be the area they live in they dont trust it in the driveway and so on. Every case varies.

Hi Richie ,
    Try done deal property section . Go to the parking tab . There is a few options for south side .
    Don't know the pricing but worth a call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

lennymc wrote: »

If we left you outside in the wind rain ice and snow year in year out it would take more than a rub of an oily rag to sort you out :)

Seriously the weather plays havoc with them pictorially the sun dulls the paint bleaches the seats and makes the window seals rot, I put mine into storage in the winter months .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

If we left you outside in the wind rain ice and snow year in year out it would take more than a rub of an oily rag to sort you out :)

Seriously the weather plays havoc with them pictorially the sun dulls the paint bleaches the seats and makes the window seals rot, I put mine into storage in the winter months .

what is you are using it most weekends? (plus yours is nice Killalaner - anything that I buy is likely to be 20 yrs old!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

Richie2110 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this up again but does anyone know where i could store a caravan South Dublin, preferably close to clondalkin or Blessington as i work in Clondalkin and Live in blessington.

Prefer it to be indoors but if i can get an outdoor slot at a reasonable price i'll take it. Don't want to pay thru the roof as we need it stored due to the property we've moved into doesn't have adequate room to park it at the house.

In need ASAP before i need to put her up for sale.

Drop into Charles Camping, they may know of somewhere that isn't advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adevereux

SourKraut wrote: »
    I have mine in a shed in Meath, near Dunshaughlin, for a euro a day. Not sure how much space he has left, but if anyone is interested, PM me

Have u a number for this person

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adevereux

db wrote: »
    Drop into Charles Camping, they may know of somewhere that isn't advertised.

Did u find anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sruthan

Try Charles Camping Blessington for storage. I was there recently and was told they do storage. Can't remember cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABANKS

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    We store our motorhome here for €200 per year. Very secure and easily accessible. Send me a PM and I'll pass you their contact details.

LOOKING TO STORE 5MTR BOAT/RIB WITH TRAILER

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rado77

Hi Guys.
    I think this topic is still very valid as there are many people struggling to find a storage for their motorhomes / campers / vintage cars / modified cars, ect.

I am trying to find a cheaper place to store my small campervan in North Co. Dublin or somewhere close enough (30kms range).

Do you know any good places cheaper that €600 a year?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABANKS

ABANKS wrote: »
    LOOKING TO STORE 5MTR BOAT/RIB WITH TRAILER
    Hi please forward details rgs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Rado77 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.
    I think this topic is still very valid as there are many people struggling to find a storage for their motorhomes / campers / vintage cars / modified cars, ect.

I am trying to find a cheaper place to store my small campervan in North Co. Dublin or somewhere close enough (30kms range).

Do you know any good places cheaper that €600 a year?

Thanks.

I Have mine in storage beside the airport. Only 200 per year. I'll ask the man who stores it if he has more space and let you know.

Mine is the only caravan in a storage yard of lots of different vehicles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Rado77

I Have mine in storage beside the airport. Only 200 per year. I'll ask the man who stores it if he has more space and let you know.

Mine is the only caravan in a storage yard of lots of different vehicles

Hi, thanks for the input.
    That's cheap indeed. I believe it's mostly the outdoor storage or there is the indoor one too. Sorry for not mentioning it as I am trying to find something indoor.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement