Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

QFA Sample Papers

Options
  • 07-05-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have any sample papers for qfa loans and regulation exams, one's previous to jan '08.
    I find them really helpful, but they remove all the older ones from the website and only leave you the most up to date ones. The institute of insurance only have papers for insurance and pensions.(for non-members anyway)
    Someone might have saved them, so if you have could I have a look. Loans exam this weekend and regulation(more worried about this:() saturday week.

Or does anyone know where i can get some.

Thanks,
    gogo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sungem

Hi, i have some regulation papers that i can send on to you, only in paper format though so dont know how i will get them to you......

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

It's ridiculous how the IOB don't offer any past papers to students. The sample papers in my last exam (investments) were nothing like the exam questions which were a lot harder ( and not just because I didn't have the answers beside me :D ). Coupled with the fact that they are looking for 65% for a pass methinks its all a bit of a moneymaking scheme for the IOB....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anilka

Will you please send me a copy of regulation past papers. Or please tell me your address, I shall come and collect it.

Thanks a lot. Please reply to anirudhan@eircom.net

Thanks
    Anil
    sungem wrote: »
    Hi, i have some regulation papers that i can send on to you, only in paper format though so dont know how i will get them to you......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keanem

Go to www.mockexams.ie - They have about 7 different sample papers for each module:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

keanem wrote: »
    Go to www.mockexams.ie - They have about 7 different sample papers for each module:)

Unfortunatley at a price, and the exams have to be taken on line, can't print them out and study them at your leisure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 molley23

does anyone have different life assurance papers to the ones on the lia site the ones on the site are no good!! I sat the regulation exam on sat and thought it was awful!!!:p

molley23 wrote: »
    does anyone have different life assurance papers to the ones on the lia site the ones on the site are no good!! I sat the regulation exam on sat and thought it was awful!!!:p

Sat pensions and regulations yesterday as well, am sick at the moment and had to leave the exam early, was mortified, though I was going to pass out tho. I took so many antibotics and painkillers, I couldn't see the exam, finished regulation in twenty minutes, didn't look over it or anything, infact i couldn't repeat a question on it. Wobbled out of the hall with everyone staring at me :o Still though it wasn't too bad, wasn't anything unexpected on it. Pensions was a different story tho.
    Anyway i have two life assurance papers, pm me your details and I'll stick them in the post, have one saved so can email that if you prefer.

that would be great of you could email them to me please my email is amie.payne@gmail.com thanks a mill!!1:)

E-mail sent. Hope it helps. :)

gogo wrote: »
    E-mail sent. Hope it helps. :)

Thanks a mill!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BMcG05

Hi all

Im reging for these this month. Just wondering, is the negative marking with the multiple choice or simply one point for right, zero for right?

Thanks in advance

As far as i know they do not mark negatively, its either a right or wrong answer, but on my results transcript the results have points, i.e . 86.3 or 85.5 not to sure where the points comes from. As most of your answers choices are very similar, and with matematical ones, it could have four answers that you will reach a varing points of your calculation, (can be confusing and mictakes happen when you see the answer you got and forget to finish off the calculation properly). So I assume the points are for these type of questions where you got some of it right, but not negatevely marked.
    hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DeGriff

Hi does anyone know where i can get some past papers on QFA Regulations doing my exam on 24th Jan and need a miracle and all the help i can get thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Deise Girl 1000

Hi
    Does anyone have sample papers for this QFA exam?? Have the exam this Saturday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

They are on LIA website if ur registered. I could try email over if ye like. Some questions from these mocks always appear on the actual exam. Did life exam saturday past and had about 10 the same as the mock. Investments this week and its bucking hard. Cant look at anymore on shares :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Deise Girl 1000

Hey
    Thanks for that.I had the Life Assurance exam on Saturday past aswell.
    I'm not registered with the LIA I'm doing my exams through the Institute of Bankers of Ireland. Do you happen to have any loans papers as I have this exam on Saturday coming?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joss_6

hi I'm in the same boat have regulations & Pensions next sat - did you manage to get any sample papers - i have ones on the lia but thats all -wouldn't mind a few more if possible???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joss_6

gogo do you still have any of those regulations sample papers - like a mad person i signed up for 2 exams the same day - currently on maternity leave with 5 month old baby not one of my wiser ideas!!!

Has anyone some feedback about previous investments exams. its my next qfa exam i hear its hard going if anyone has sample papers that would be great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MrsJohnMurphy

molley23 wrote: »
    Has anyone some feedback about previous investments exams. its my next qfa exam i hear its hard going if anyone has sample papers that would be great:)

Did investments last year, was tough but it passed ... just about.

There were quiet a few tricky questions on exit tax and cashing in policies e.g. Larry lives in Luxembourg and is going to cash in his tracker bond in which he invested 100K and is currently worth 220K, how much will he get?

mjm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 carlito159

Hi,
    Does anyone have any sample papers for qfa Life assurance previous to jan '08.
    Or does anyone know where i can get some.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of help there from anyone who may have completed QFA exams. I recently qualified as an accountant but now i want to do another course to further myself obviously with the objective of getting a job in a bank in the long run. How long does it take to complete the course and would anybody recommend this option for me? Cheers in advance.

Adi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CALLY0412

Hi jockey#1,
    I'm about to sit my 5th qfa(sat 12th-wish me luck)-it's taken me the best part of 2years to get this far...
    my 6th exam is in January-that'll be the last one... :D:D
    I would def recommend the course-it's very broad and covers alot of areas-has really helped me anyway... I feel more confident giving advice to customers(i work in a bank).
    My advice would be to do them 1exam at a time-esp investments,pensions and regulations... They are the toughest ones, with the highest failure rate...:(:(
    I've done all of mine through the lia and have found the lecturers very helpful, and there are lots of downloadable past papers and practice questions online.. and there are contact numbers for the lecturers etc which can be very useful seeing as it is mostly a self taught course...
    If there is anything you are wondering about that i haven't answered just let me know and i will do my best to answer it for you..

Karl,
    I did life assurance in December 2007 and have my exam guide at home if you would like a copy of it....

Hi,
    That would be great if you could send me the paper.

Thanks,
    Karl

Hi,
    I actually have the exam tomorrow. If you can email the paper to me that would be great, otherwise don't worry about it.

My address <snipped> - Please do not put up personal information

Thanks.

Hi Karl,
    I don't have a soft copy of the paper..
    If you have access to a fax machine i could fax it to you after lunch, if that helps?

Hi,
    Yeah that would be great.
    fax number - <snip again>

Thanks for all your help.
    Best of luck in your exam.

no probs, i'll fax it to you after lunch...
    hope tomorrow goes well for you.
    Life assurance is a very straight forward exam, no trip ups.. so i'm sure it will go ok for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

carlito159 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Yeah that would be great.
    fax number - <snip again>

Thanks for all your help.
    Best of luck in your exam.

What part of no personal information do you not understand?

Advertisement