Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies - Live Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur)

Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop)

Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)

Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill). I HATE TINY DANCER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Queen Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Arthur
    blues bros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill) Vs Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

rocky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Mannequin - this was such a tough decision. GP is a brilliant song that will never date imo, but when I was a nipper I was mesmerised by the mannequin video. & have always had a soft fuzzy feeling when I hear that song.
    Judging by the year of the song too, I am now claiming this as my earliest childhood memory!

Back to the future - because its a movie I'd watch til the day I leave this world

Ghostbuster - just because its a fun song:pac:

The Chain - again, as I've said previously, I love this song & any cover I've heard of the song too

(If ever I've to choose between Mannequin & The Chain, ooh i'll have very sweaty paws!)

Purple Rain - just like the song

Bruce - is getting my vote because he's a bit of a ride;)

Kiss from a Rose - one of the most beautiful songs made

Born Slippy - Tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
    Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

• Advertisement

Paint it Black - simply just a good road trip song

Stand by Me - a nice song

Fortunate Son - I'm voting for this song over Em because I don't know the song but I like it!!

Footloose - another fun song

Dirty Dancing - just prefare it over the other song

Axel Foley - because I love Eddie Murphy movies

Simon & Garfunkel - I like this song & the rocky song too, but I'm choosing S&G because I wouldn't in a million years sit down & watch a rocky movie. Not even if Bruce asked me!

Tiny Dancer - again another tough decision because I love a bit of Duran Duran. But I really like this song so I'm gonna vote for Elton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Hallaz

Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill)

elton john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
    Peter Cetera - Glory of love (The Karate Kid Part II)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur)
    Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) 8 Vs 8 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) *

Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose) 9 Vs 4 Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - A Whole New Word (Aladdin)

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme Best That You Can Do (Arthur) 5 Vs 9 Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) 9 Vs 6 The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) 9 Vs 3 Bill Conti - I'm Gonna Fly Now (Rocky)
    Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill) 9 Vs 6 Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

* Bruce conceded 7 votes to Queens 9 in the previous two rounds

Welcome to Round 4

First to 9 votes or 3 hour time limit (Least conceded votes in the previous rounds combined followed by my vote to break a tie)

Playlist

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin)
    Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)
    John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're the one That I Want (Grease)
    Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia)
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider)
    Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)
    Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)
    Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

R4/M1 SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)

R4/M2 Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Vs Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)

R4/M3 Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

R4/M4 Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Vs Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Hallaz

(picking all the home teams!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) Vs Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Vs Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) Vs Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) Vs Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

FMac
    Bruce
    Medley/Warnes
    Eye of the Tiger

• Advertisement

easy rider
    footloose
    underworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Same please Kol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

starship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild - legendary movie song
    Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing) - good fun song
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger - love the opening to this, great song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

- All handy enough choices.

Eye of The Tiger vs Born Slippy is a lot tougher. Ultimate 80s vs Ultimate 90s. I think Eye of the Tiger just about beats out Underworld. It’s known the minute you hear it.

Survivor- Eye of the Tiger

The Chain - I'm rooting for this in the finals

Bruce - because his fine a$$ beats a fun song

Mannequin - ive already said my peace, doesn't need any other explanation

Born Slippy - - this song is bound to get you of the sofa & motivated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Anyone else find it a bit weird voting for another song because it fits the scene/film better than the one you might prefer listening too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

speckle wrote: »
    Anyone else find it a bit weird voting for another song because it fits the scene/film better than the one you might prefer listening too?

You don't have to do that... You've put those reasoning restraints on yourself buddy, vote whatever way you want, no one can stop you...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

That's what I am doing too, cos if it's more recognizable from the film, then wouldn't it be considered the best 'movie song'?
    I wouldn't go youtubing some I've been voting for, just to take a listen though.

SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) 9 Vs 8 Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
    Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia) 9 Vs 7 Kenny Loggins - Footloose (Footloose)
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Mannequin) 9 Vs 5 Blll Medley and Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (Dirty Dancing)
    Survivor - Eye of The Tiger (Rocky 3) 9 Vs 3 Underworld - Born Slippy (Trainspotting)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not Kenny Loggins :( The HORROR

R4/M5 Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)

R4/M6 Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)

R4/M7 Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain) Vs Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill)

R4/M8 Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) Vs John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're the one That I Want (Grease)

Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F (Beverly Hills Cop) Vs Eminem - Lose Yourself (8 Mile)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate) Vs Ben E. King - Stand By Me (Stand By Me)
    Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain) Vs Duran Duran - View to a Kill (View to a Kill)
    Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club) Vs John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're the one That I Want (Grease)

You don't have to do that... You've put those reasoning restraints on yourself buddy, vote whatever way you want, no one can stop you...

giphy.gif

Just trying to be fair to the thread title or it might just as well be named vote for your favorite song or film or artist. Yes anyone can vote anyway they want to... I am just trying to respect the work that goes into deciding on a theme and organising the thread. That is my choice, but each to their own :)

Kolido wrote: »
    SteppenWolf - Born to be wild (Easy Rider) 9 Vs 8 Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)

Fcuk

Eminem
    stand by me
    Eric Idle
    Simple minds

Axel F
    Ben E King
    Eric Idle
    Simple Minds

• Advertisement

Eric Idle - Always Look on the Brightside of Life (Life of Brain)

Advertisement