Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movember

Options
  • 30-10-2020 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭

I remember in at least one other previous year, there was a thread on this which got some posts so I thought I would set up another one to discuss anything and everything related to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭iptba

Movember: Why men need to be aware of prostate cancer warning signs
    As Movember Ireland prepares to kick off its annual campaign, Helen O'Callaghan talks to experts and men affected by prostate cancer about the need to be vigilant
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/healthandwellbeing/arid-40073033.html
    What Movember Ireland director Jack O’Connor calls “our moustache-themed bat signal”, this year’s campaign, Lockdown – Shave Down – Get Down, is calling on people to sign up, grow a mo (moustache) or take on the Move challenge: to walk/run 60km during November - 60 being the number of men lost to suicide every hour globally.

About 10,000 people so far have signed up for the 2020 Ireland campaign and 90% are growing moustaches. “There are Mo sisters – lots of them, women with dads, husbands and brothers, men in their lives who they want to live longer, so we want to give women something to do too and that’s the Move challenge,” says O’Connor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I haven't grown a moustache in over thirty years, but this little baby on my lip is budding well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Robert troy on week in politics seems to be supporting movember

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

So all those who grew a hairy lip for movember will you shave them of today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Wasn't really a thing this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Just done, broke 600 rasied! I last did it 10 years ago!

But could not get anyone from work to do it [indeed, I only decided to do it last minute myself tbh] - none of friends did it. I guess locked down, there is no peer pressure from collegues or mates...

Advertisement