Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Extraordinary cars.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This is interesting. What were Renault thinking?

https://youtu.be/6ffePsYZsKM

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s the same video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭passatman86

Griswolds car

AMKC wrote: »
    This is interesting. What were Renault thinking?

https://youtu.be/6ffePsYZsKM

What are you up to in this thread? First slagging a car that was obviously a joke and then posting a video directly after someone else did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Is that articulated with an overnight cab or crew cab? So many questions!! And why? Very interesting.
    I have a vague recollection that it took advantage of some loophole but I can't recall what it was now. I'm open to correction but possibly something to do with regulations pertaining to a second driver. In a standard HGV, if it has a second driver, the second driver isn't deemed to be 'resting' if the truck is moving.

Ms

What are you up to in this thread? First slagging a car that was obviously a joke and then posting a video directly after someone else did.

Nothing at all. I only noticed his User name after it was suggested and as for the video I had not noticed that after I posted.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nothing extraordinary about this car at first glance
    dtw-iron-curtain-1-003-trabant-p603-dziennik-pl-and-antymoto-com-e1597016389717.jpg

except ...

It was a prototype, about ten of them were built in 1966, before hatchbacks really were a thing.

It was several years pre-Golf and really could have been a big success.
    Only problem was, unlike the million-seller that the Golf became, it was also German built, but the wrong Germany unfortunately....the GDR.

Engineers developed this to succeed the Trabant which they saw only as a stop-gap solution..the party leadership was of a different opinion and killed the project and so the stop-gap lasted until the wall came down.

The prototype is called Trabant P603

The engineers tried again throughout the 70's with the P610, but that was killed also
    UGq925w9rf7AbGDvqoiq4YqdjuzM06Rh1oDKNlQc2IN4JU-ORPpCNhY2nnTVoMkabABZc7dhAduZhncEWaBsS3lkWJ9vjWMGvQ
    48559057337_e21473b21e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

Here's mine...

DL9F5fOh.jpg

That's not in the slightest bit interesting or extraordinary. It's like a milk pudding bland as füķ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭tc20

^^ see post #31..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

XLR 8 wrote: »
    That's not in the slightest bit interesting or extraordinary. It's like a milk pudding bland as füķ.
    Congratulations on completely missing the joke:p

Ms

Mercedes A Class deserves a mention in here the 1st and 2nd generation but not the ones after they abandoned the sandwiche floor idea which was genius but expensive.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

AMKC wrote: »
    Mercedes A Class deserves a mention in here the 1st and 2nd generation but not the ones after they abandoned the sandwiche floor idea which was genius but expensive.

Dear lord no.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's extraordinary how this yoke ever went into production. It looks like a bulging haemorrhoid sitting on top of a car....

fiat-multipla.jpg

On a different note....one of my all-time favourite cars; the Lexus LFA

2012-Lexus-LFA-10-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

The LFA engine is extraordinary.

d57ba8b232b8d9e8a0bcb1e66897cc4f.jpg

It's like an optical illusion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

d57ba8b232b8d9e8a0bcb1e66897cc4f.jpg

Must be some pain in the neck driving that.

Ms

Dear lord no.....

Why not? It was a small hatch with as much space as a Ford Mondeo and a unique very clever safety system. Yes the interior could have been better but the 2and generation addressed that.
    The 2nd generation looks great and is very classy too.
    The ones after that just got boring and normal.

The Fiat Multipla that a poster above posted is a great car too even if it was not the best looker it had a great interior and drove good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The Multipla got got good reports, but aesthetically it was an incredibly strange looking thing. It's like someone designed the bottom half of the car in one factory, and someone else designed the top half elsewhere, realised they didn't fit together right but had no budget left to correct it so just ploughed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

South African Unimog, perfect apocalypse rig.

1c21c437f02048e1b8cc16a81eb1a5a0.jpg

Ms

Renault Avantime is/was an extraordinary car and will be a modern classic

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement