Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hiding pipe holes in floorboards

Options
  • 29-10-2020 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Some years back this is how the tiler/floor layer left around the rads. These are 2 examples of 8 such holes:
    2RrMV9.jpg

I am using the white pipe covers on the standard 15mm copper pipes shown and want to put a trim/collar over the holes but it's hard to get something to match and look better than just the bare hole.

I have always wondered why the engineered floor makers do not provide trims to match :-( Indeed, I contacted Balterio about this before, but of course never heard from them. :mad:

A brown trim is available in Woodies which might be my best option or does anyone have other ideas?

6vzAuo.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

Maybe not the most attractive option but you can get a butyl sealant (RITO is one) that could be used to caulk the gap around the pipe, smooth it off with the tip of your finger. That particular caulk is available in brown and grey; I've used the brown one to seal around timber laminate and it looked fine. I seem to remember that some of those plastic covers that are sold here won't suit Irish pipe sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

I got mine in Screwfix, you can use a hacksaw to square one side if need be. https://www.screwfix.ie/c/heating-plumbing/pipe-covers/cat831640

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Silver ones might look better with that floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The company that makes the ones in that Screwfix link seem to make them in a variety of colours.

https://www.talon.co.uk/products/pipe-collars

Might be worth contacting them to see if there's a dealer somewhere that sticks the complete range rather than just one or two colours

• Advertisement
Advertisement