Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

van with bits

Options
  • 09-10-2020 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi i am thinking of buying a van and putting in a bed and bits and bobs
    my question is will i have to take every think back out for a DOE

my beloved Boxer camper just failed DOE underneath well piss off :mad::mad::mad:

thanks for any help

Comments

The Doe have no remit to look inside the cargo area.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thor17

Hi Pongo , I have even tried lots of different doe CVRT centers, they are all the same, looking constantly for anything to get you on, I had a pneumatic ball in my springs to help soften the ride and also dampen shock to the spring and they made me take them out or fail, I did point that they had passed it with them in a year ago. Same as my seat for three years . I was failed for tyre valves perissed as well. The little rubber vales you blow the tyre up with, I did ask was he sure the fourthone was okay?? The Motor factors gave me them for nothing while laughing his head off. Big job to fit them though. tyres off and replace from inside the rim, I did find a shortcut , but that's the official way.

Some people lock the doors. I'd have it out with them. I have their manual and there's nothing in it gives them the authority to make that call.

In reality I just take it to a sound buncha lads instead. Ahem...and it's all above board....er....yes that's a wood burning stove...

Hi Sir Lancelot. I was failed for having lower rated tyres on a caddy , The sidewall rating,on the back was 9N. I explained that they were 9N and that was what was on the plate from Volkswagen on the door seam label. they were adamant that as I had 16N on the front I should swop thes efor the rears, The rears were on since new from the VOLKSWAGEN factory. I explained I had new tyres on front, as it was front wheel drive so wore out quicker and these were just happenening to better side wall rated than 9n's, then I had a huge row and went somewhere else who just passed me, I have had huge rows with so many places I kind of only have one left to go to!!!

Hi Sir Landelot, Same place did me at 18.000 kms, the same caddy for rear shock absorber imbalance, and offered to replace them for me as well as the retest, the rear shocks in a caddy are about three foot long and well strong, the guy who rteplaced them fitted them yto his own caddy. they were like nes. If you put your hand to the wheel arch and hold it when the test is being done it can cause this fail.
    I did look into complaining to the RSA but you cant, sort it out with the center and that's it was the advice I received, so these cowboys can just do whatever they want and there is no repercussions, its a scandal.

• Advertisement

Surehaul Clonmel. They've passed me with my face covered in fresh stone chip. Er....because they didn't find any rust...because there wasn't any...

I failed myself last year...still fixing it...anyone else woulda stuck her in a ditch.

I'd two rims ruined by a tyre fitter, that was nearly a death nail. Discontinued from production. Hen's teeth. I ended up buying them from a german classified website for €200 each.

I take rims to fitters now not vehicles. You ought to see the amount of damage I've had done at the hands of "professionals".

PS If you retested it and passed without modification you might have had a case.

Advertisement