Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Year of a caravan

• 03-10-2020 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Looking at a caravan online, before I drive to see it just wondering Is there a way of telling what year it is as it’s an English reg or what information do I need to find out what year it is thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The criss registration etched on the windows will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

All caravans have a unique CRiS number which is etched on all windows.
    UK police use it as an identifier to identify stolen caravans but, unfortunately, An Gardaí don't subscribe to the system.
    If the number has been interfered with suspect a stolen caravan.
    If you want to avoid buying a stolen caravan you can check if the number is registered on the CRiS database as reported stolen.

To decipher the number, see the year of manufacture and find contact details for the CRiS CLICK HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

or there will be a manufacturers plaque with a serial number on it. I know that Avondales have the year on there.

as to reg no? means nothing. that's the car that towed it last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

DON'T BUY IN A PUBLIC PLACE

I met a person who sold their caravan for cash. They met the buyer in the Midway car park just off the M7. The buyer was delighted and paid cash, the seller unhitched his caravan, the buyer hitched it to his car and both headed off happily.

It turned out the cash paid was FAKE but the seller had exercised some caution and taken note of the registration number of the buyer's car. However, when he went to The Gardaí that turned out to be fake too. He ended up with no caravan and no cash, basically, his caravan was stolen from him.

Obviously the same can happen in reverse, a buyer with REAL money can be sold a stolen caravan which could be taken from them as stolen property. Again ending up with no caravan and money gone.

Advertisement