Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JVC soundbar with 6 months free spotify £59 - Currys UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

I will probably order one of these. Hopefully the music sound quality is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

I have a similar one that I have on the wall in the kitchen. I just use it as a music player and the sound is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Lads - does this include an optical cable? And if not anybody know where I could pick one up (cheaply)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

wait4me wrote: »
    Lads - does this include an optical cable? And if not anybody know where I could pick one up (cheaply)?

Not included !

Just enableD dolby digital+ on my sammy tv on Disney plus and its very good..do checkout that if ur TV supports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Got it up and running. Very easy set up Atmos on prime is excellent will check disney tomorrow

recyclops wrote: »
    Got it up and running. Very easy set up Atmos on prime is excellent will check disney tomorrow

Will have a good today on prime

Got the spotify code by email just now..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭razorronan

Got the spotify code by email just now..

Is there an expiration date on when you need to start using the code. Spotify are doing a 3 month free trail themselves at the minute. Was hoping to use that first before starting the curry's one.

razorronan wrote: »
    Is there an expiration date on when you need to start using the code. Spotify are doing a 3 month free trail themselves at the minute. Was hoping to use that first before starting the curry's one.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/legal/currys/
    Afraid not

be new to the Spotify Premium Service. If you have subscribed to either the Spotify Premium Service or Unlimited service or have taken a trial or introductory offer previously, you are ineligible for this Offer;

EDIT:New spotify account setup using UK vpn and revolut card..linked to amazon echo and works like a charm !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I’m based about 30 kms away from the Parcel Motel depot in Dublin. Is there anyway of getting this delivered closer to where I live?

I’m based about 30 kms away from the Parcel Motel depot in Dublin. Is there anyway of getting this delivered closer to where I live?

They will deliver to your address for additional 8 eur...check option in ur PM account there shud be option of Deliver under this checkin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Thanks op couldn't leave that behind at the price, expecting it tomorrow

How did u get Atmos ? Are u using ur TV native app or any box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Using a firestick 4k although only certain shows have it so had a look at that list. Made me watch Jack Ryan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Or use Parcel Wizard who deliver to door.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I'm using PW and its being sorted in Athlone , expected delivery tomorrow .

Thanks OP ..

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Those who used Parcel Motel did you have to collect it from the depot?

How much do they charge ?

Those who used Parcel Motel did you have to collect it from the depot?

Yes

• Advertisement

Using a firestick 4k although only certain shows have it so had a look at that list. Made me watch Jack Ryan

Ahh ok..my tv seems like does bot support atmos for native apps..max i got was Dolby digital +

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Yes

Thanks. Mines been in the North since Friday so I’m waiting to get the collection email/text

Thanks. Mines been in the North since Friday so I’m waiting to get the collection email/text

Call them ..i had one parcel never sent to motel as they checked in wrongly..it sat there on the site

Got mine delivered this morning. Will unpack it after work this evening. I used An Post AddressPal and it was delivered to my door for €7.49.

Got mine delivered this morning. Will unpack it after work this evening. I used An Post AddressPal and it was delivered to my door for €7.49.

Fairplay...parcel motel is the worst of the lot then !

Fairplay...parcel motel is the worst of the lot then !

It was my first time using them. I usually use parcel Motel as their depot is very near to where I work. But because of lockdown I signed up with AddressPal.

It was my first time using them. I usually use parcel Motel as their depot is very near to where I work. But because of lockdown I signed up with AddressPal.

Suits you...but if its an oversized packet and if u have to get it delivered it costs 15 eur in PM...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Anybody else order off curry’s on eBay ? Same price so I did to save creating a new account etc - getting impatient now though as showing as not dispatched and ye all seem to be getting your ones 😀, I was a bit slow on the order, ordered Sat morning but hoped it would ship yesterday. Could be next week now before I get it 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

so.....what the chances that the .ie site will drop to say €80 or less and then I swoop in??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Masala wrote: »
    so.....what the chances that the .ie site will drop to say €80 or less and then I swoop in??

slim to none...I mean there's already 20 euro off :pac:

Advertisement