Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen press painter

Options
  • 01-06-2020 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for someone to spray paint the kitchen presses? just moved house and my wife would like to change the colour of the kitchen presses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

It might be as cheap to get new doors as getting them done in a shop. Or your could gloss them or get a painter to gloss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Wife did our kitchen as part of her Covid hibernation. Removed all the knobs, handles etc, gave them a nice sanding and a couple of coats of satinwood.

Good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

cheers lads, don't want to replace doors as they're solid wood. may give it a go myself, what have i got to lose ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

We used B-I-N primer before painting. We did our Kitchen presses & it came out very well.
    (went from wood to cream painted)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Wife did our kitchen as part of her Covid hibernation. Removed all the knobs, handles etc, gave them a nice sanding and a couple of coats of satinwood.

Good as new.

Not quite a Kitchen but my wife has done the same with our bedroom units.

Found a paint that is gone Instagram popular called Frenchic.

Light sanding to key the units and applied in @3 coats with a gloss roller and I must say...

Absolutely fantastic finish that is far more hard-wearing than I thought it could be.
    Some of the surfaces painted are console tops and it really is a great finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

BronsonTB wrote: »
    We used B-I-N primer before painting. We did our Kitchen presses & it came out very well.
    (went from wood to cream painted)

Can't recommend BIN and the whole Zinnser range highly enough. Another poster here mentioned Satinwood leaving doors as good as new, that is true they can look well but Satinwood isn't that durable and easy to clean. I wouldn't revarnish using a brush or roller either unless you have the skills.

Advertisement