Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-05-2020, 14:25   #16
GerardKeating

Send a message via ICQ to GerardKeating Send a message via AIM to GerardKeating Send a message via MSN to GerardKeating Send a message via Yahoo to GerardKeating Send a message via Skype™ to GerardKeating
Haven't actually open the box yet, but I orderded friday evening just before 6pm, and it arrived about 20 minutes ago.

Hopefuly this is a good omen for it.
Advertisement
28-05-2020, 14:44   #17
gabbo is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardKeating View Post
Haven't actually open the box yet, but I orderded friday evening just before 6pm, and it arrived about 20 minutes ago.

Hi

Which is better, this or a couple of powering adapters?

Last edited by gabbo is coming; 29-05-2020 at 23:06.
31-05-2020, 19:27   #18
GerardKeating

Send a message via ICQ to GerardKeating Send a message via AIM to GerardKeating Send a message via MSN to GerardKeating Send a message via Yahoo to GerardKeating Send a message via Skype™ to GerardKeating
Quote:

Will i unboxed it today and installed it and all seems well.

The before enviromment was a LinkSys Wifi router hanging off the broadband, and a second (netgear) wifi router in the kitchen, connected via powerline adaptors. Wifi coverage was a bit patchy, sometimes in the bedrooms a phone will connect to the Kitchen router etc. House is a modern (2008) built bungalow.

House has 4 computers, a few phones, two google mini's, a NAS and a bluray player on the network

So the two routers and two homeplugs were ripped out, and the Huawei's plugged in, and almost everything worked first time.

Well everything except the NAS, which disappeared off the network. Eventually i temporarily reconnected the old router, and found the NAS had a hardwired DNS and IP address, changeing this to dynamic, restored the Huawei's and all was well.

Mostly happy with the new setup, but will stress test it over the next two week. It might be a fluke, but i noticed with my phone, I alway had wifi turned off since the 4G gave better performance than wifi, but i had the wifi one to run the Huawei app, several hours later, i realised phone was still on WiFi, and the usual lag was gone.

Only very minor isssue is in the kitchen, the Netgear home plugs have a passthrough socket, so something plugs in behind it, so one item will not get plugged in, untill i get a bigger power stripe, or relocate it.

Last edited by GerardKeating; 31-05-2020 at 19:57.
(2) thanks from:
31-05-2020, 21:10   #19
Shefwedfan

I found this and posted on other ofrum but forgot to post here

I have bought 2 boxes of them. A total of 6 units. They are great. The app is a little new compared to some of the other competition.

You can buy smaller satellites but I have yet to find them standalone
Thanks from:
31-05-2020, 21:36   #20
gabbo is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan View Post
I found this and posted on other ofrum but forgot to post here

I have bought 2 boxes of them. A total of 6 units. They are great. The app is a little new compared to some of the other competition.

You can buy smaller satellites but I have yet to find them standalone
Just bought a set. Seem like good value and future proof to support 1Gb whenever Virgin upgrade
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2020, 08:37   #21
Str8outtaWuhan

any work around to getting it delivered to ireland, cost GBP150 to ireland and GBP154 to NI?
01-06-2020, 09:18   #22
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8outtaWuhan View Post
any work around to getting it delivered to ireland, cost GBP150 to ireland and GBP154 to NI?

I checked and the 10 pound flat fee was best way.....

I did end up buying about 500 quid worth of stuff as they have good value across a number of products, still was a 10 pound flat fee
01-06-2020, 11:14   #23
GerardKeating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8outtaWuhan View Post
Shipping to ireland only £10.24, and fast, I ordered friday 6pm, and had it lunchtime monday. and it was a Bank Holiday in the UK at weekend.
Thanks from:
01-06-2020, 13:16   #24
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Shipping to ireland only £10.24, and fast, I ordered friday 6pm, and had it lunchtime monday. and it was a Bank Holiday in the UK at weekend.

Plus they are about 100 quid cheaper than elsewhere

But also a good reason to buy other non essential electronic
Advertisement
01-06-2020, 14:01   #25
ThunbergsAreGo

Quote:
Plus they are about 100 quid cheaper than elsewhere

But also a good reason to buy other non essential electronic
You seem very knowledgeable and have tried many of these. Are the Huawei overkill for a 4 bed semi?

Just looking for a bit of garden and attic coverage
01-06-2020, 14:39   #26
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunbergsAreGo View Post
You seem very knowledgeable and have tried many of these. Are the Huawei overkill for a 4 bed semi?

Just looking for a bit of garden and attic coverage

I love technology and got it into my head a few months back to get a mesh.....since then I have bought and sold/returned 4-5 system. Huawei is my latest and probably last purchase.

Read more on this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2058072654

I also gave a review of the other options on the market
Thanks from:
01-06-2020, 16:45   #27
ThunbergsAreGo

Quote:
I love technology and got it into my head a few months back to get a mesh.....since then I have bought and sold/returned 4-5 system. Huawei is my latest and probably last purchase.

Read more on this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2058072654

I also gave a review of the other options on the market
Yeah same myself, have a niggle in my mind to get it but not sure what's worth it.

Cheers
01-06-2020, 16:56   #28
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunbergsAreGo View Post
Yeah same myself, have a niggle in my mind to get it but not sure what's worth it.

Cheers

The huawei is incredible value for money for box.co.uk.....I spent more on TP-link adapters which is replaced and it is 5-6 times better
(2) thanks from:
04-06-2020, 15:29   #29
Kencollins

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Q2, but need a little more information.

Can they be daisy-chained via Ethernet? This would be preferable over using the power line capabilities.

Eir router > Node 1
Node 1 > Node 2
Node 2 > Node 3

It's also unclear from the specifications if the nodes can communicate over 5ghz if they are within range, or is powerline always a preference in them?

Thanks!

Ken
04-06-2020, 15:35   #30
Zimmerframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencollins View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Q2, but need a little more information.

Can they be daisy-chained via Ethernet? This would be preferable over using the power line capabilities.

Eir router > Node 1
Node 1 > Node 2
Node 2 > Node 3

It's also unclear from the specifications if the nodes can communicate over 5ghz if they are within range, or is powerline always a preference in them?

Thanks!

Ken

Haven’t got a chance to setup mine yet, but you are supposed to be able to daisy chain by Ethernet - lan on main unit to wan on next unit

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion