Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday 21st February - Hugh Morgan

• 21-02-2021 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

You really should have a look at the 1:40 from Navan today, sensational stuff from Hugh Morgan. He lost both irons after the 1st or 2nd fence and kept the horse going and remarkably managed to win the race. Take a bow son.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Just flicked into the race halfway & seen him out the back & knew by his movement the irons had gone. Amazing feat, most would have pulled up.
    Genuine proper horsemanship there. And balls of steel :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Unbelievable ride from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Great ride from Bryony Frost there on Secret Investor in The Betfair Chase (14.25) at Newbury.

I'll get my coat! :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Great ride from Bryony Frost there on Secret Investor in The Betfair Chase (14.25) at Newbury.

I'll get my coat! :pac::pac:

Over fences she is one of the best, simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

Don't think champ wants 3 miles at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

If Champ jumps like that in the GC then he has a serious chance. Class and stamina to boot. Major player.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

Just flicked into the race halfway & seen him out the back & knew by his movement the irons had gone. Amazing feat, most would have pulled up.
    Genuine proper horsemanship there. And balls of steel :D

3 miles chasing!!! Ouch....

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    If Champ jumps like that in the GC then he has a serious chance. Class and stamina to boot. Major player.

No chance. Race will come too soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

zpehtsfd wrote: »

I am not so sure. To be frank I don't think he is a great jumper at all. He is clippy over the top and does not take them all that well, put simply he does not look all that natural.

You want to be backing a horse that always looks comfortable when jumping. The last thing you need is to be gasping at the last.

If I got a nice price about Champ falling in a race I would consider it, I don't think he is all that good of a jumper, yesterday was only his 6th start over fences and now the bookies have him near top of the market for a Gold Cup. Not for me.

I would happily take the ew prices of both Frodon and Native River before Champ. Hype horse, looks to have a serious engine, but way too inexperienced and it may yet turn out to be that he beat phuck all in last year's RSA, neither Allaho or Minella Indo have taken many names this year either.

It looks more and more like it is Al Boum Photo's to lose. On all previous form he does them all, the only question he has to answer is could he win it with a faster pace.

Advertisement