Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vatsim

Options
  • 09-09-2020 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

HI guys.

Anyone here on Vatsim? I have heard of it over the years but never joined up.

I was thinking of creating an account on P3D as i'm just using FS20 for GA VRF for the moment until some study level aircraft and traffic becomes available.

Is there a page that give you instructions to learn as a pilot? As i have seen videos and it seems fairly complex at the beginning.

Also, i assume the other people in the session appear as stock aircraft and not the actual aircraft they are flying?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

HI guys.

Anyone here on Vatsim? I have heard of it over the years but never joined up.

I was thinking of creating an account on P3D as i'm just using FS20 for GA VRF for the moment until some study level aircraft and traffic becomes available.

Is there a page that give you instructions to learn as a pilot? As i have seen videos and it seems fairly complex at the beginning.

Also, i assume the other people in the session appear as stock aircraft and not the actual aircraft they are flying?

Cheers

We all have to start somewhere.

My advice is log on to vatsim using a client (I use vpilot) and log in using observer mode, this let’s you listen to the different coms going on and you can pick up tips and trick that way.
    I’d avoid big airports if there are busy like Heathrow or JFK when you start.

They are plenty on resources online to study and get the basic in things to say and do.
    Your question regarding stock Aircraft - VPilot uses what’s called model matching and is included or you can download some Other model matching like Flai, this will show other aircraft when the users set their aircraft type.

Here’s some links to get you started.

Plenty of YouTube tutorials out there.

https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/getting-started

https://vpilot.metacraft.com/ (client used to connect to the sim)

http://flai.bvartcc.com/ (software to use for better model matching)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is it possible to sue Vatsim purely for immersion? as in just hear it going on but not using it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Dcully wrote: »
    Is it possible to sue Vatsim purely for immersion? as in just hear it going on but not using it myself.

Yes you can set the software to observer mode or simply spawn into a airport and use a GA aircraft and use a GA stand where you won’t bother anyone and out of the way.

Advertisement