Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Macerator for bath tub

Options
  • 15-10-2019 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So I'm looking install a macerator that can take a bath tub, sink and toilet from a bathroom in the attic

From what I can see there isn't one that will do all 3 so I'm wondering if the below will work
    Option 1: Hook up a macerator that is designed to take a shower, sink and toilet and hope for the best. (Will it be able to handle it)

Option 2: Hook up the same macerator as option 1 but fit a slow draining plug to mimic the flow rate of a shower draining. To be honest I don't know if these exist or not.

Option 3: install a dedicated macerator for the bath tub and sink and another one for the toilet

Option 1 or 2 would be my preference unless someone can advise me of a relaible macerator that will do it all. I'm currently looking at Grundfos ones.

Any advise or alternatives are appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Why do you need the bath/sink in the project?
    what's the problem you are trying to solve?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Why do you need the bath/sink in the project?
    what's the problem you are trying to solve?
    Bathroom is in the attic on the opposite side of the house to the existing waste lines. I need a macerator to pump to the waste pipes for all services.
    Don't want to / cant stick a pipe on the outside of the house.

I have always used Saniflo and used the commercial products so no drama.
    Will noise at night be an issue?

I have always used Saniflo and used the commercial products so no drama.
    Will noise at night be an issue?
    I wouldn't think so. It will be buried behind a plasterboard wall (Accessible)
    Do they run when not in use?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

seannash wrote: »

No

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so. It will be buried behind a plasterboard wall (Accessible)

I have been working in the noise field since 1975...
    I can tell you at 3 am, after a bad pint or/and a Chinese, and you are adoring the great white god, you will hear it:)
    The PB will only act like a bass drum, so you need to think about sound at night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I can tell you at 3 am, after a bad pint or/and a Chinese, and you are adoring the great white god, you will hear it:)

Just don't flush until the morning :D

I have been working in the noise field since 1975...
    The PB will only act like a bass drum, so you need to think about sound at night
    To be fair its not the main bathroom. Its more a guest bedroom with an ensuite in the attic.
    We want a bath for occasional use so it wont be running everyday as youd have to pass the main bathroom to get to the attic.

Advertisement