Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom refurbishment

Options
  • 08-10-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I currently trying to help my parents replace an old bathroom that is older than me :o

We had a builder come in and we got the quote back in today. For a bathroom that is 1.8 X 2.4 m to rip everything out and put in a whole new wet room is €7.5k. So new electric shower, toilet, mechanical ventilation for shower, screen door, WHB and vanity unit etc but I don't think tiles are include in that price.

This also includes replacing the window that is currently double glazed but fitted 30 odd years ago and replacing it with triple glazing with obscure glazing. To my father he doesn't really see the point in replacing it seeing that it's already double glazed. I think to builder thought it was single glazed when he 1st looked at it.

So my two questions are does this sound like a reasonable quotation and is there much point in replacing the window from double to triple?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You need to find out if tiles & tiling are included as this can bump up the price. Electric shower alone is 700 to 1k supplied & fitted unless it's replacing an existing electric shower

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You need to find out if tiles & tiling are included as this can bump up the price. Electric shower alone is 700 to 1k supplied & fitted unless it's replacing an existing electric shower

Found out that tiles and tiling is included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Sounds like alot to me. if you leave out the windows I would have thought 4k max. im.not sure though, would be interested in others opinions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Wesser wrote: »
    Sounds like alot to me. if you leave out the windows I would have thought 4k max. im.not sure though, would be interested in others opinions.

7 sounds about right, assuming vat, waste removal etc is included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

A bit too good to be true would be my first guess. Windows replaced and wetroom are going to class it as more than a standard bathroom changeover. Especially if it’s all old pipe size and materials that need changing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement