Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning permission which leaves less than 25 sq metres out back ?

• 17-10-2019 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

can i get planning permission for single story extension out the back that leaves less than 25 sq meters space

just cant find a yes any were, all i am seeing is -

The extension should not reduce the open space at the back of the house to less than 25 square metres which must be reserved exclusively for the use of the occupants of your house

I have measured up and the build will be 17.67 sq meters and the area of space left is 16.85...

Dose anyone know of any way around this restriction

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

duefrine wrote: »
    As the title says

can i get planning permission for single story extension out the back that leaves less than 25 sq meters space

Yes, a Planning Application will be required.

The extension should not reduce the open space at the back of the house to less than 25 square metres which must be reserved exclusively for the use of the occupants of your house

I have measured up and the build will be 17.67 sq meters and the area of space left is 16.85...

Thanks

You are quoting the Exempted Development Regulations. They are irrelevant here as you will be applying for Planning Permission.

Dose anyone know of any way around this restriction

Thanks

Its only a restriction of the Exempted Development Regulations, as above, as you are applying for Planning Permission you apply for the extension as intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

Thanks for your reply

Planning Application it is

Advertisement