Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Application Inspections - RECI Registration Process

• 15-10-2019 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

A query on the ‘application inspection’ process when applying for registration with RECI - maybe some RECs on here might be able to answer?

It states you must present ‘electrical installation work’ for inspection within 6 months of your application – and again within another 6 months for the second application inspection before becoming a fully-fledged REC.

It doesn’t really define what is sufficient to present for inspection though, from a scale/complexity point of view i.e. does it need to be a full re-wire or new build installation etc or could it be as small as adding an additional circuit such as garden lighting or a new radial socket circuit?

I see the inspection request form has the categories listed as ;

New – Rewire – Addition - Re-Connection – NSH - Temp Supply – Other

Would it be possible to get registered after these 2 inspections using an ‘addition’ for inspection both times, in a case where a REC is not doing any large jobs at the time?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

rob w wrote: »
    maybe some RECs on here might be able to answer?

I’m not a REC, but many moons ago I was.
    It doesn’t really define what is sufficient to present for inspection though, from a scale/complexity point of view

Because there is no minimum. Let’s be honest not many new contractors are going to land a large job before they are fully registered. All that RECI want to do is see enough to satisfy themselves that you know what you are at.
    I see the inspection request form has the categories listed as ;

New – Rewire – Addition - Re-Connection – NSH - Temp Supply – Other

They have made it very easy......
    So give them what they ask for, which is not a lot.
    Would it be possible to get registered after these 2 inspections using an ‘addition’ for inspection both times, in a case where a REC is not doing any large jobs at the time?

I would think so, yes.
    RECI are always delighted to have another paying member joining their club. From reading this forum you could be forgiven for believing that some RECs don’t produce work to a very high standard. If you can’t deliver to a high standard on work that you know will be inspected then it’s time to look at another line of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭EHP

Any job that falls under controlled or restricted works will be sufficient for your inspection. My first inspection was for installing an electric shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭rob w

Thanks lads, good to know. Considering registering, but may not be taking on a lot of work initially and just wanted to ensure smaller jobs are suitable for the inspections.

Thanks

Advertisement