Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500m Poles and Overhead Wire Needed From Eir

Options
  • 06-08-2020 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

I live in an area that has no overhead Eir cables. Nearest pole is 500m away and that feeds a house that can get 200b+ speeds on their fibre broadband. There is overhead poles along the 500m route, just no cables.

I have tried 3 times to sign up for broadband with eir. Each time we get sent out a modem and then are told that an engineer says we cannot get the service.

There is 3 houses in a row beside me and a 4th an extra 100m away that would avail.of the internet service if it was available.

My question is what advice would anyone give in how to try and get Eir to install a few more poles and the 500m of overhead cables to get the service to our house? And I'm assuming that because the house 500m away gets 200mb+ then we could reasonably expect speeds of 10mb+ which is all we need.

Thanks

Advertisement