Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archer VR600 set up

Options
  • 05-08-2020 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey,

My in laws had the dreaded Eir F2000 router. Awful internet connection and wouldn't allow many devices.

I replaced this last week with an Archer VR600. The connection has been rock solid since then.

Today we've noticed that the apps on their Sky Q boxes aren't loading. I just want to rule out any issue with the router before contacting sky. Is there anything I should be looking for or any changes I can make?

From testing it it seems that Netflix isn't connecting to server 2 with the nw-2-5 error. Disney plus is also just stuck on a spinning wheel when opening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

So I've reverted back to the eir f2000 and it's working perfectly.

Is there something I'm missing in terms of making a change to the new router?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 neillerz

lenoude wrote: »
    So I've reverted back to the eir f2000 and it's working perfectly.

Is there something I'm missing in terms of making a change to the new router?

I went from the f2000 to a tp-link archer, all working fine.

Is everything else working ok, websites etc?
    You've put in the eir DNS?
    set the gateway ip on the archer to what the f2000 was? (Lan settings)?

neillerz wrote: »
    I went from the f2000 to a tp-link archer, all working fine.

Is everything else working ok, websites etc?
    You've put in the eir DNS?
    set the gateway ip on the archer to what the f2000 was? (Lan settings)?

Yeah everything else was working perfect. Just the apps on Sky Q.

Hmmm don't think I put in the DNS manually. Just followed the set up, selected the provider etc

Sorry to bump this

I took a look at the DNS and IPV4 gateway, tried to put it into the TP Link and it didn't want to accept it for some reason.

Would TP link be able to guide me through this, or would the simply direct me to eir?

I have a feeling eir would be unwilling to help because it's third party.

Just to clarify, Youtube and Spotify worked perfect through Sky Q, just Disney+ and Netflix had trouble loading. Apart from that the Archer had been rock solid to be honest with no other issues.

Advertisement