1. Predict the I.M.T. (Irish Mean Temperature, average for five locations, Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park, Shannon) ... the 1981-2010 normal value is 8.4 C.
2. Predict the MAX temperature at any of 25 regular reporting locations on the met.ie website.
3. Predict the MIN temperature at any of 25 regular reporting locations on the met.ie website.
4. Predict the PRC (precipitation) which is the average at eleven locations expressed as a percentage of normal. The stations used are the five in (1) above plus Malin Head, Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Johnstown Castle, Cork and Valentia.
5. Predict the SUN (sunshine) which is the average at six locations expressed as a percentage of normal. The stations used are Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Valentia.
6. BONUS -- Easter Sunday (21st) is late this year, what kind of weather can Dublin (A) expect? We will go with a three-part bonus where you predict the maximum temperature, the rainfall for the calendar date (mm) and the sunshine hours. Scoring will be based on being in the top, middle or bottom thirds then anyone with 9 will get 3 extra superbonus points, anyone with 8 will get 2 extra and anyone with one high score will get a superbonus if they have at least 3 out of 6 on the remaining two.
MTC _________ 8.0 _ 20.0 _ -3.2 __ 080 __ 110 ___ 14.5 _ 3.5mm _ 6.8h
Normal _______ 8.4 _ 20.5 _ -2.0 __ 100 __ 100 ___ 13.5 _ 2.2 mm _ 4.8h
(make yours look like these to speed up my table of forecasts posting. TIA.)
The on-time deadline is 0300h Monday, 1st of April.
Late penalties are now 1 point for every four hours late to 19z (possible 10 point deduction by then) followed by one point per hour after that.
Good luck !!