Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Strange Weather" Exhibition @ The Science Gallery - Call for Submissions of Interest

Options
  • 07-02-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

I just thought that i should let people know about an exhibition planned for the Science Gallery on Pearse Street in July. It may be of interest to many of the contributors here on the forum and maybe provide the opportunity to get MT Cranium over here for a visit.

The blurb from the website
    STRANGE WEATHER

HOW CAN WE MODEL AND EVEN GENERATE WEATHER?

STRANGE WEATHER will delve into the mysteries of our weather and climate. Asking challenging questions about climate change and how we will sustain our planet and its energy demands into the future, this exhibition will bring together a collection of works which question our behaviour and offer radical proposals for the future. Curated by Catherine Kramer and Zack Denfeld of CoClimate
    Currently they are looking for proposals on a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to:
    • Tools for predicting and preparing for severe weather, climate change, and environmental change.
    • Climate change and the everyday: projects that respond to the consequences of climate change. e.g. how will climate change affect fashion, entertainment, transportation and education?
    • Examples and critiques of weather manipulation and GeoEngineering.
    • Tools for mapping the planet: from satellites, to ocean drones and weather balloons.
    • Designs that mitigate environmental change: architecture for migrating species, water management for more severe flooding, smog and air quality detection and prevention.
    • Future scenarios for cities, governance and culture on a changed planet.
    • Works that show how weather information is collected, compiled and disseminated.
    • Exhibits that speak to the social, cultural and political implications of strange weather and climate change.
    • Participatory experiences, field trips, site visits and workshops.
    • Scientific experiments that utilise data/participation from visitors.
    • Forecasting, not just of weather, but of many kinds of environmental patterns and change.
    • Your amazing project that is relevant to the theme ‘Strange Weather’.
    Further details and information can be found on the following link
    https://dublin.sciencegallery.com/strangeweather
    Note the closing date for submissions is February 14th

The Science Gallery is a registered charity and not-for-profit organisation
    Throughout each exhibition, there are events, talks, debates and workshops, giving you a chance to get involved. Exhibitions are free and so are some events.

Disclaimer: I am not involved in the organising of this event and have no connection with the Science Gallery but have received mod approval to post here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Yeah , i saw this a few weeks ago , looks to be very detailed stuff. The only this i could think of was to do the Dry Ice tornado in a box experiment .

Possibly even a gallery of various weather phenomenon witnessed across the country :)

Advertisement