Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Diving Weights

Options
  • 23-03-2012 12:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for 2KG diving weights similar to these. Does anyone know where I can get them in the greater Dublin area?? Would the Great Outdoors in Clarendon St. have them??

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Seriously?!

Why don't you just ring them and ask?

Their number is 679 4293.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Yes, seriously. I know nothing about diving and don't know what these particular weights are called.
    I need 2KG weights in that shape for a project. I don't know what they are called as there are loads of different types from what I have found.
    Thanks so much for your help and advice though, I would never have found their phone number without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Are you for real?

Despite the stupidity of your question, I tried to help you.

And then you come back all sarcastic at me?

Maybe I won't bother trying to help anyone in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazydaize

Ballyman wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for 2KG diving weights similar to these. Does anyone know where I can get them in the greater Dublin area?? Would the Great Outdoors in Clarendon St. have them??

Thanks a mill

Most dive shops sell this type of weight. They're called lace-through block weights.

The number for the Great Outdoors Watersports Store on Clarendon Street is - 01 672 7186. The number given above is not correct. I haven't been in there in years so not sure if they have them.

Otherwise try somewhere like Flagship Scuba in the Grand Canal Basin.

crazydaize wrote: »
    Most dive shops sell this type of weight. They're called lace-through block weights.

The number for the Great Outdoors Watersports Store on Clarendon Street is - 01 672 7186. The number given above is not correct. I haven't been in there in years so not sure if they have them.

Otherwise try somewhere like Flagship Scuba in the Grand Canal Basin.

Thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

That shape of weight is a standard in the industry..
    expect to pay more for it if you want them plastic coated. There is no
    benefit to having them plastic coated, apart from those ultra environmentalists who believe that coating the lead will save our oceans.

I got one in Great Outdoors yesterday. They had two types, a yellow coated one and a non coated one. The shape of them was different though so I went for the non-coated one as it suits the project I am at a bit better and should fit easier.

Thanks again for your help. Apart obviously from tosspot tommy :)

Advertisement