Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for weather report(s) for November 2006

Options
  • 25-02-2014 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me.

I am looking for weather reports for 19th November 2006 for Co. Waterford for between 3p.m. and 6p.m. I am looking for accurate weather reports from reputable sources.

Does anybody know where I could get copies of any weather reports for this day?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not quite Waterford but likely very similar conditions at Rosslare, looks to have been a very windy afternoon

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&ind=03957&decoded=yes&ndays=2&ano=2006&mes=11&day=19&hora=23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Sorry to be sticky but is there any way of getting a specific report like that for Co. Waterford? That is exactly what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You're going to have to get on to Met Eireann tbh. They will have data from the climate stations. If you are looking for precipitation etc?

If for wind etc. Rosslare would have been the closest station operating at the time. Perhaps Waterford Airport?

If for private purposes you will have to pay for the data but if it is for research it should be free with perhaps a small handling fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

You're going to have to get on to Met Eireann tbh. They will have data from the climate stations. If you are looking for precipitation etc?

If for wind etc. Rosslare would have been the closest station operating at the time. Perhaps Waterford Airport?

If for private purposes you will have to pay for the data but if it is for research it should be free with perhaps a small handling fee.

I already have the Met Eireann report which states there "may have been gusts up to 90km", I'm looking for something that specifically says there was or wasn't gusts of that strength in a particular area. Maybe i'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Well Rosslare had gusts above 100kph for four hours so you can be all but certain that coastal Waterford had the same, inland probably slightly less though still very windy. Precip, temperature and pressure would be almost identical to Rosslare as well

There might be a metar archive with Waterford Airports reports somewhere though I wouldnt know where to look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Can't find wind reports myself but can get radar info if its of any use.

Quickly scanning through 1500hrs to 1800hrs its light to moderate rain for the area the whole time.

296028.png

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭octo

If you just want a few numbers, you can ask them (politely and friendly, like) over the phone and they might give it to you ;)

Advertisement