Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diverswarehouse

Options
  • 06-01-2004 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought from diverswarehouse.com in the U.S. ? If so, what was the service like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I haven't but at a guess I'd say you'd have to pay duty/tax on anything you import.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Unless duties and tax add up to about 300% of the purchase price, it's still cheaper than Great Outdoors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I wouldn't ever order from the US again, i got a royal seeing to on tax & duty when i bought some kit about a year & half ago. Yes the prices were cheaper but it would have worked out better for me if i had of ordered from the UK.

Are you talking about http://www.diverswarehouse.co.uk , if so then yes i've bought some gear from there in the past. You don't have to pay duty because its located within the EU.

You're probably better off buying on there if you know what its all about. The only reason i'd buy in GOD/insert any scuba operation in ireland is to have somone i can call into if i have a problem with my equipment.

Example, i posted up what i wanted to get for the dive season in 04 (other thread)and the difference in price from buying in the uk (E780 inc shipping) versus 985 from firststage diving (phil if i'm not allowed to name shops then just edit that bit out). On one item there was a 150 euro price difference ffs....WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

There are 2 diverswarehouses, one in the US (.com) and one in England (.co.uk)

As far as I know you'll have to pay extra to get gear from the US. Although with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment is might still work out cheaper. The next cheapest is England and the most expensive is of course here at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Name and shame Peace, name and shame!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

I think this country needs a no nonsense watersports shop, using the Ryanair philosophy. No Bull, minimal sales staff, no advice. Just walk in, pick out what you want and go, no frills. Irish shops can't buy the bulk they need for big discounts but GOD could sell things for a lot less if they moved from Dublin2 and halved their staff. If I go to buy gear in a shop, I've usually decided what I want beforehand, I don't need a parttime 17 year old canoeist selling me diving gear. In fact, I think I'll buy in bulk from divers warehouse and set up a dive shop in my garage. My slogan will be "twice the price of the internet, half the price of Great Outdoors" :)

Done and done ;)

Ok i'll post up the bits a pieces

Its easy to compare prices in the xls attached. In the words of the baldy bloke in One Foot in the Grave
    I don't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Excellent, a special price for us boards users and you'll have a few customers straight away.

Originally posted by djk1000
    I don't need a parttime 17 year old canoeist selling me diving gear. In fact, I think I'll buy in bulk from divers warehouse and set up a dive shop in my garage. My slogan will be "twice the price of the internet, half the price of Great Outdoors" :)

LMAO, very good very good.

Advertisement