Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sim or phone question???

• 05-02-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

What does it mean when a sim works fine in one phone but can't get a good signal or connect to network properly in another phone? Working phone is oneplus 3t. Dodgy phone is Samsung s8 plus. Have tried everything on line, resetting, clearing cache, master reset is next! 3 sent me the ap settings if i stay upstairs but still can't get calls or they drop. Just wondering can it be the sim if its working fine in one phone. Don't have access to 3 store handy for new sim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

you really need to try another sim in the s8 to see if its an issue with the sim reader on the phone, sounds like its faulty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

oLoonatic wrote: »
    you really need to try another sim in the s8 to see if its an issue with the sim reader on the phone, sounds like its faulty

Thanks, that narrows it down🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

More than likely the sim is not at fault I'm afraid.

The sim card doesn't play any role in the actual 'signal'.

Either there is a hardware signal problem with the S8 in which case you need to get it replaced or repaired or you have an S8 that is not a European version.

Is it a european version? Did you buy it from an Irish network provider?

AllForIt wrote: »
    More than likely the sim is not at fault I'm afraid.

The sim card doesn't play any role in the actual 'signal'.

Either there is a hardware signal problem with the S8 in which case you need to get it replaced or repaired or you have an S8 that is not a European version.

Is it a european version? Did you buy it from an Irish network provider?

Well the plot thickens. The phone works outside the house. Went down the town swapped the sims and all was fine. So phone just won't work at all in the house. Husbands iPhone and my oneplus 3t work OK at ground level and very well upstairs. Samsung 8 plus doesn't like house! Is this a thing?

Grawns wrote: »
    Well the plot thickens. The phone works outside the house. Went down the town swapped the sims and all was fine. So phone just won't work at all in the house. Husbands iPhone and my oneplus 3t work OK at ground level and very well upstairs. Samsung 8 plus doesn't like house! Is this a thing?

Won't work with husbands sim in house either

• Advertisement

Grawns wrote: »
    Won't work with husbands sim in house either

So anyone who has an opinion, please free. Why does a Samsung galaxy 8 plus have an unusable signal compared to my oneplus 3t? I'm used to the house I live in so I make calls upstairs or use Internet for calls. It's a problem area for phone signals. My husbands iPhone has similar issue. Good signal upstairs. Or in a particular area of the kitchen downstairs. The Samsung does not work at all! Even upstairs! Upstairs connected but then calls dropped immediately. So is it this phone (2nd hand mate rate) , or the phone in general? It's still under warrenty and not fit for purpose in my opinion! Anyone?

Advertisement