Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S8 losing charge

Options
  • 01-02-2019 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

My s8 is almost 2 years old and had been perfect up until the last week. It now goes from 20% odd to completely dead in sometime a matter of 2 or 3 mins! Is battery done for or could this be resolved? I also noticed it seems slow and takes longer to unlock when I press the button to unlock.

Comments

go for a battery replacement.

if you constantly charge batteries up to 100% they degrade quicker/ "wear" in terms of capacity. e.g if it was 3000mah at the start will degrade to 2000mah capacity

the ideal is to get a phone with a bigger capacity battery (min 4000mah) and only charge to say 85% (and only let it go down to 20% ideally not to 0%). this is if you want your battery to last longer in terms of holding it's capacity.

a free app like accubattery allows you to put a battery charge alarm on it e.g. that when you get to 85% if wil buzz/ make a noise

download accubattery and run it - after charging it will give you an estimate of what the real state of the battery capacity of your current battery is

it also shows you different wear levels of charging up to 85% , 90% etc by changing the charge alarm slider setting

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

glasso wrote: »
    go for a battery replacement.

if you constantly charge batteries up to 100% they degrade quicker/ "wear" in terms of capacity. e.g if it was 3000mah at the start will degrade to 2000mah capacity

the ideal is to get a phone with a bigger capacity battery (min 4000mah) and only charge to say 85% (and only let it go down to 20% ideally not to 0%). this is if you want your battery to last longer in terms of holding it's capacity.

a free app like accubattery allows you to put a battery charge alarm on it e.g. that when you get to 85% if wil buzz/ make a noise

download accubattery and run it - after charging it will give you an estimate of what the real state of the battery capacity of your current battery is

it also shows you different wear levels of charging up to 85% , 90% etc by changing the charge alarm slider setting

Thanks for that, I'll download accubattery and see what that's says. I'm due an upgrade in the next month or so, was thinking s10, or should I look at something else do you think?

s10 should be very good - maybe check to see what reviews say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I wouldn't go for a battery replacement.

It's been happening to a lot of people online, and on here, just check out the dedicated S8 thread to see.

It's happening to me too, and I am pretty sure it's software, not hardware related. Some app or update messing things up. Thing is, my battery hasn't actually gotten worse, it's just not counting the percentage correctly. I believe when it dies at 20% it has actually hit 0% but just hasn't been calculating the percentage drained correctly until that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

• Advertisement
Advertisement