Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Ascot - Day 5

• 21-06-2019 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭

Lopes y Fernandez.

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Point and shoot job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Point and shoot job

So is So Perfect .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

O briens second string (year of the Tiger)was eyecatching on debut looking like this trip would suit. Interesting O brien goes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

I have my eyes on Lope Y Fernandez and the well regarded Pinatubo, but I just come across an interesting stat about Lope Y fernandes in that Lope De Vega progeny have only won once in 30 attempts at this meeting!

Based on that alone i'm happy to oppose him, I watched Pinatubo 1st run at the donkey track where he did beat platinum star very easily, the latter ran well in the Windsor castle when narrowly collared by ryan moore on southern hills, I saw Pinatubo in the flesh at Epsom and he really stood out and that twinkle in Charlie's eyes in the winning enclosure when he pissed up at the woodcote stakes said it all, I think he will run a stormer tomorrow and the boys in blue are due, 2 horses that can go well at a bigger price are Harpocrates and year of the tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I have my eyes on Lope Y Fernandez and the well regarded Pinatubo, but I just come across an interesting stat about Lope Y fernandes in that Lope De Vega progeny have only won once in 30 attempts at this meeting!

Based on that alone i'm happy to oppose him, I watched Pinatubo 1st run at the donkey track where he did beat platinum star very easily, the latter ran well in the Windsor castle when narrowly collared by ryan moore on southern hills, I saw Pinatubo in the flesh at Epsom and he really stood out and that twinkle in Charlie's eyes in the winning enclosure when he pissed up at the woodcote stakes said it all, I think he will run a stormer tomorrow and the boys in blue are due, 2 horses that can go well at a bigger price are Harpocrates and year of the tiger.

The wheels usually come of these Godolphin yokes after a few runs and it will be no different today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

14:30 Year Of the Tiger 17.00
    15:05 Space Blues 4.10
    15:40 Masar 4.00
    16:20 City Light 9.00
    17:00 Intisaab 38.00
    17:35 Pallasator 13.00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

2.30 Heaven Forfend
    3.05 Happy Power
    3.40 Communique
    4.20 Emblazoned
    5.00 Soldiers Minute
    5.35 Lucky Deal

I am also backing Ralph Beckett in the Ulster Derby.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Lopey fernandez
    So perfect
    Sothern france
    Blue point
    Spring loaded
    Correlli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Im watching nbc coverage funny listening to Brian Gleasson giving news from the betting ring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Serious performance there, looks some prospect.

• Advertisement

Yeah impressive. Big day for boys in Godolphin blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Good call!

Great copy and paste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

That was some performance!

1505 - space blues (urban icon each way)
    1540 - southern france
    1620 - blue point
    1700 - cape Byron
    1735 - cleonte

15:05 Space Blues 4.10
    Another close 2nd. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Moscow is magnificent

BumperD wrote: »
    Great write up

It would be except for the fact he didnt write it up, shamelessly stolen from a twitter user's blog with no credit. His last post took every other selection from the same account.

It would be except for the fact he didnt write it up, shamelessly stolen from a twitter user's blog with no credit. His last post took every other selection from the same account.

Oh can you link the Twitter account i like what I read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Moscow is magnificent

BumperD wrote: »
    Oh can you link the Twitter account i like what I read :)

Link to blog:
    https://boomteamhq.wordpress.com/2019/06/21/royal-ascot-day-5-saturday-22nd-june/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Link to account: Take a look at Kris (@kris1179): https://twitter.com/kris1179?s=09

Yeah a copy and paste job. I guess the best form of flattery is imitation :)

That Kris fella seems to have a few followers

Gone for bound for nowhere ew here 14/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Some horse to do the double. Deserved to hang on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

What a horse

Danny Thudorpe is riding out of his skin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Johner wrote: »
    Some horse to do the double. Deserved to hang on there.

Fair play to His Highness as well. Rare you'd see an owner game like that even with the best of horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Kauto wrote: »
    The wheels usually come of these Godolphin yokes after a few runs and it will be no different today

You really can’t stand Appelby it’s so funny watching you trying to keep it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ruby Walsh looks a bit out of place commenting on the flat,maybe he should stick to the "leapers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Have backed Southern Horse. Hard to gauge form in Argentina but sems noteworthy they're starting off here, entered in some Group 1s and could be very well in.

Took a flyer in gifted master hopefully runs his race today otherwise it’s goodwood stewards cup

Lucky last Pallasator for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

That ed chamberlain with his fake sentimentality. Just saw his mate Hayley got 9 days for the whip yesterday on that winner. 9 days - thats not for 1 too many.

Open to correction but didn't hear a word about it from "the team"

I checked back through the Royal Ascot results this week, and found I had eight second place finishers. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I checked back through the Royal Ascot results this week, and found I had eight second place finishers. :eek:

I actually checked myself there, I had nine! Thank god for Lord Glitters in the very first race.

Advertisement