Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please HELP HKC Quantum 70 fault

Options
  • 20-06-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This HKC alarm was installed by the builder of my house which is a new built. The sabb or the outside bell had battery problems, the engineer came in twice and got it fixed. I want to DIY this time, after read the forum. I was travelling broad in the last two weeks. During this period, the area of my house had a 10 mins power outage on the 9th according to the logs(“mains flt” then “mains OK”). On the 13th, a fault “RF Comms Flt” “SB1 Sabb1” started. I can not set the alarm any more. I have very little experience with the alarm, so Any help will be very helpful! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

The batteries are more than likely gone in your external siren.

If they have already been changed a few times, then there could be a fault with the actual unit itself.
    You might be as well off to get the company who previously replaced the batteries to return and discuss the battery deterioration issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KevinCC

kub wrote: »
    The batteries are more than likely gone in your external siren.

If they have already been changed a few times, then there could be a fault with the actual unit itself.
    You might be as well off to get the company who previously replaced the batteries to return and discuss the battery deterioration issue with them.
    Thanks kub! davidconroy46 also suggested it could be battery completely gone. He also mentioned it could be the engineer didn’t disable the LED in the external siren, which could drain the battery in no time. I will contact the company and see if they offer a free visit giving the fact that they haven’t solved the sabb battery issue. If not, I will try change the battery and disable the LED myself. Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KevinCC

Can someone pm me the engineer’s manual for the HKC quantum 70 please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

KevinCC wrote:
    Can someone pm me the engineer’s manual for the HKC quantum 70 please?

Kevin. We can't distribute manuals anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donnacha_

Sounds more like an issue with the signal from the unit to your alarm panell batteries should last 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Donnacha_ wrote: »
    Sounds more like an issue with the signal from the unit to your alarm panell batteries should last 2 years.

At the very least, there could be an issue here with the electronics in the SAB eating battery power.

Advertisement