Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin computer for Spin bike

Options
  • 20-06-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

I have a spin bike I use quite a bit and the console on it is not working any longer and I cannot get a replacement. I was wondering if I could use a Garmin with a cadence sensor instead?

I have a Garmin Fenix 5 watch and HR strap. The main things I would want on the display would be HR from the HR strap and cadence from the sensor. If I could get workout duration and time of day on the same screen that would be a plus.

So I am wondering if any of you folks who use Garmin cycle computers could advise if this is possible and if yes, then which Garmin would suit my needs. I would like the screen to be readable with data on single screen and not having to press buttons during training to access data.

Alternatively is there a Garmin app that will link with a cadence sensor and HR strap and give me the details I am looking for on my phone?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Cant see why not, the newer type cadence sensor straps onto the crank, displaying HR, time elapsed, time of day etc is a matter of preferences on the display. Just turn off the GPS for indoor rides.
    If youre forking out for a new garmin then the entry level edge130 should suit your needs.

As for using the phone, the sensors, (HR & cadence) broadcast i Ant+ so iPhone anyway wont receive it without a dongle thingy AFAIK, not sure about android.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Cheers for the advice Mugser, the 130 does exactly what I wanted :) arrived to day and just installed. Connects easily to new cadence sensor, HR strap and fenix 5 watch. Happy spinner once again :)

Advertisement