Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reburb incoming... what order of works would you recommend?

Options
  • 08-06-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭

So now we are on a bit of a journey. 20 + years since the last update.

1. removing bath and replacing with shower.
    2. Installing an en suite in large bedroom
    3. Replacing kitchen
    4. Installing new built in wardrobes.
    5. Possibly (depending on kitchen works) installing downstairs toilet.

In what order would you recommend?

Also have a gas meter on the floor in one of the kitchen presses. Has anyone had this moved?

Older house (obviously!), but no intention of moving anywhere else, even though it might be easier in the long run!

Thanks if you have any advice/recommendations for installers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

So now we are on a bit of a journey. 20 + years since the last update.

1. removing bath and replacing with shower.
    2. Installing an en suite in large bedroom
    3. Replacing kitchen
    4. Installing new built in wardrobes.
    5. Possibly (depending on kitchen works) installing downstairs toilet.

In what order would you recommend?

Also have a gas meter on the floor in one of the kitchen presses. Has anyone had this moved?

Older house (obviously!), but no intention of moving anywhere else, even though it might be easier in the long run!

Thanks if you have any advice/recommendations for installers etc.

Are the electrics ok? Because if theres a requirement for a rewire, this would go first in my view.

If at all possible, look at the trades required e.g. 1, 2 and 5 require a plumber.

How handy are you? Could you do the wardrobes yourself from Ikea for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

budhabob wrote: »
    Are the electrics ok? Because if theres a requirement for a rewire, this would go first in my view.

If at all possible, look at the trades required e.g. 1, 2 and 5 require a plumber.

How handy are you? Could you do the wardrobes yourself from Ikea for example?

Thanks for your reply, only saw it now.

I am not handy at all forget that, sorry, wish I was!

Electrics OK, rewired ten years ago now, if that counts...

I suppose the plumbing works are first, then the kitchen, then the wardrobes (if any funds left at that stage!).

Thanks.

Advertisement