Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-04-2019, 12:32   #16
Cass

Send a message via MSN to Cass
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavan shooter View Post
It's only defamation when it's a lie..
It's only defamation if you KNOW it's a lie and continue to publish/spread it.

An opinion based on what you believe is just that, an opinion, and covered under the "Honest opinion" defense.

It's why we allow good and bad reviews here, but not people getting the boot in for the sake of it. After all, Article 40.6.1.i of the Irish Constitution says that the State guarantees the right of citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions.

(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-04-2019, 16:10   #17
kay 9

From county Galway myself and don't think I'll be too interested.
Depends what it grows into between now and then. The musketeers cross on the poster aren't overly enticing either.
Thanks from:
16-04-2019, 21:42   #18
Eddie B

I found it hard get out of bed when it was just down the road from me the last number of years. Fect if I'm going to Galway to see a bunch of flowers.
16-04-2019, 22:17   #19
Eddie B

Quote:
It's only defamation when it's a lie.

Irish Country Lifestyle Festival.

1. Where is the gun dogs
2. Where is the terriers
3. Where is the clay shooting
4. Where is the list of gun/hunting stands.

I used to go to Birr....nah not this one, when they wont even use the title game fair, it should say come with a warning its bloom lite if you ask me.
Just had a look in another place. Terrier shows etc will be there. Still not going lol
17-04-2019, 16:10   #20
recipio

The UK fairs have an air rifle range so you can try before you buy. Says it all about gun laws here.
Advertisement
24-05-2019, 01:07   #21
garrettod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhappy_ie View Post
Party in yours both nights so ???

http://www.irishgameandcountryfair.com/

15th/16th June Cass

The images on that website certainly wouldn't encourage me to travel to the event, in fact I don't think I'd go to it if it were at the end of my garden ...

The one thing that did interest me on the website though, were the two contact phone numbers - a whole lot of callers asking why there's no shooting / hunting related stuff advertised for the event and telling them that you won't be going as a result, might do some good.

25-05-2019, 12:03   #22
gunhappy_ie

Ill be there displaying
(2) thanks from:
31-05-2019, 18:35   #23
Countrysports

Galway Game Fair at the Irish Country Lifestyle Festival

In response to some queries : Yes there is clay pigeon shooting at the event, Yes there are gundogs at the event, Yes there are terrier & lurchers at the event & a good range of guns, tackle and country clothing
31-05-2019, 18:46   #24
Countrysports

Gundogs at both Irish Game Fairs

Clay Shooting at Both Fairs

Terriers & Lurchers at both Events on Irish Game Fair web site

And for further information see the FREE to READ online magazine countrysportsandcountrylife
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2019, 01:21   #25
garv123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysports View Post
In response to some queries : Yes there is clay pigeon shooting at the event, Yes there are gundogs at the event, Yes there are terrier & lurchers at the event & a good range of guns, tackle and country clothing
Define a good range of guns and clothing? ? More than Shane's Castle last year?
01-06-2019, 08:46   #26
Eddie B

I think maybe it's a bit unfair for us to be pre-empting that it's not worth going too, or that it's gonna be sh*te. Although I won't be attending this year, I am hoping to hear good things from those who do attend. I used to look forward to Birr fair years ago. Not so much in recent years. I'd love to see a real game fair in this country again.
Thanks from:
01-06-2019, 08:52   #27
Countrysports

Quote:
I made a comment on previous thread......its not a game fair and we shouldn't support it. At least Birr they had some aspect of hunting and shooting. Save your money it's a glorified garden fete with peddlers pushing habidashery and other handmade wares.
The Competitions at Galway are listed with the competitions for Shanes on the irishgamefair site they are also covered in the FREE to READ online or hard copy version of countrysportsandcountrylife magazine. This event is a combination of the fair that was staged at Birr plus the existing Home & Garden event. It might interest readers to know that a major new attraction at the main English Game Fair is a garden show! We feel it is a great opportunity to promote country sports and the rural way of life to a family audience within an event that has something for everyone. This is certainly not a garden fete - as there is a good display of tackle, and very good ranges of guns and country clothing plus excellent countrysports competitions.
Thanks from:
01-06-2019, 09:15   #28
Countrysports

Quote:
Originally Posted by garv123 View Post
Define a good range of guns and clothing? ? More than Shane's Castle last year?
At Shanes last year we had 8 gun dealers booked in plus two English gundealers doing gunfitting and repairs. Unfortunately one dealer had to pull out on the day, because of a bereavement, and four decided not to bring guns so we ended up with three dealers displaying guns. Although two had very extensive ranges I am sorry if you didn't see any you wished to purchase. At Galway we have 9 gundealers - two have advised they will not be bringing guns but I expect a good display of guns from the others. In terms of country clothing we had an excellent range on display at Shanes last year and will have an even better one this year with three new UK traders attending. At Galway we will also have a very good range of clothing to suit all pockets including a stand from FORTIS who have excellent technical clothing plus a Barbour stand, Edinburgh Clothing, Charlie Keenan, Flight & Bite, Mourne Outdoor, Casale2000, CentreGold and several others.
01-06-2019, 09:58   #29
Countrysports

Quote:
I made a comment on previous thread......its not a game fair and we shouldn't support it. At least Birr they had some aspect of hunting and shooting. Save your money it's a glorified garden fete with peddlers pushing habidashery and other handmade wares.

I suggest you actually find out what is on offer rather than jumping to conclusions on the basis of reading general publicity for event from our partners from the Home & Garden event which of course is NOT a 'garden fete with peddlers'. In some ways we were ahead of the game in adding gardening to the Game Fair concept the main English Fair has a gardening show as a main attraction this year! And of course it is being promoted as 'a Festival of the British Countryside'.

Obviously 2019 is a transitional year but we have excellent game fair competitions with exceptional prizes, the support of all of the countrysports organisations exhibiting, the Irish Stickmaking Championships, good range of tackle & boats, an excellent range of gundealers and country clothing retailers etc. etc If you know of any garden fetes offering these Game Fair attractions -let me know I'd be interested in having a 'day out' at it!
(2) thanks from:
01-06-2019, 10:29   #30
GolfVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysports View Post
At Shanes last year we had 8 gun dealers booked in plus two English gundealers doing gunfitting and repairs

Will there be any gunfitters in galway?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion