Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automation for ordinary roller blind

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Got the Teptron Move, installed it, played with it for a few minutes and I've already decided to return it. It struggles under battery power but is fine when I run a micro usb cable. It also makes a clicking noise when closing the blind. Not impressed at all, especially at that money.
    I was also under the impression that I could connect it to Google home or home assistant but I can't with this one, this is most likely my own fault that I didn't research well enough.

The MOVE (Bluetooth only) cant be used with Alexa/GH/Hub etc. The MOVEZ will be able to, but hasn't launched yet.

The clicking means the chain is slipping. If you use the metal cog and have it setup so its not to loose then it should work fine. As I said earlier, it would slip for me on the original plastic cog, since they shipped the metal one they dont click or skip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Davy wrote: »
    The MOVE (Bluetooth only) cant be used with Alexa/GH/Hub etc. The MOVEZ will be able to, but hasn't launched yet.

The clicking means the chain is slipping. If you use the metal cog and have it setup so its not to loose then it should work fine. As I said earlier, it would slip for me on the original plastic cog, since they shipped the metal one they dont click or skip.

The metal one made no difference, it still clicked, just not as much as the plastic cog but still annoying. This is an unfinished product and will never have it's issues resolved as they're putting their effort into Movez. I'm even having issues with the app failing to connect straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

If you have broadlink this might be an option.

Alexa and Smartphone capability - several customers have adapted the controller to work with Alexa. To achieve this they use Broadlink RM Pro along with the Tasker plug in app.

Easier and cheaper still, with a Sonoff RF bridge device currently selling: Ebay item number 292289957822 for around 12 pounds and by downloading the free accompanying app you can directly link with Alexa for voice commands. Additionally, control your blinds with your smartphone from anywhere worldwide. Timed operations are also available through the app.

could be a cheap option for £35
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERTICAL-BLIND-Security-Controller-Alexa-Smart-Phone-Capable-Light-Sensor/253316191474?hash=item3afad254f2:g:aSkAAOSwax5YqDq4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

lardarse wrote: »
    If you have broadlink this might be an option.

Alexa and Smartphone capability - several customers have adapted the controller to work with Alexa. To achieve this they use Broadlink RM Pro along with the Tasker plug in app.

Easier and cheaper still, with a Sonoff RF bridge device currently selling: Ebay item number 292289957822 for around 12 pounds and by downloading the free accompanying app you can directly link with Alexa for voice commands. Additionally, control your blinds with your smartphone from anywhere worldwide. Timed operations are also available through the app.

could be a cheap option for £35
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERTICAL-BLIND-Security-Controller-Alexa-Smart-Phone-Capable-Light-Sensor/253316191474?hash=item3afad254f2:g:aSkAAOSwax5YqDq4

Bare in mind:
    Note that this controller is not suitable for Roller or Roman Blinds

The MOVE can do timed control while away, just not interaction outside the Bluetooth range.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm just wondering what sort of a chain anyone has used with this. Mine is a regular plastic beeded chain, and as I have a USB right beside it, the power isn't an issue for me. I would LOVE this to be a success.....but wouldn't we all???? It is just what I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread...

I'm building a house, and have got the electrician to wire for motorised blinds.
    I mistakenly assumed that voice activated smart roller blinds would be fairly easy to get my hands on.
    The whole thing has me confused however!

Smart blinds exist that are battery operated, but can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can get smart blinds to connect to the mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

kuang1 wrote: »
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread...

I'm building a house, and have got the electrician to wire for motorised blinds.
    I mistakenly assumed that voice activated smart roller blinds would be fairly easy to get my hands on.
    The whole thing has me confused however!

Smart blinds exist that are battery operated, but can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can get smart blinds to connect to the mains?

If you had non-smart motorised blinds you could just add on the likes of a sonoff switch to make them smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ush1 wrote: »
    If you had non-smart motorised blinds you could just add on the likes of a sonoff switch to make them smart.

Would these be capable of getting the blinds to stop in a half open position I wonder?
    Or does a sonoff switch only have the capability of completing a circuit or breaking it?

Come to think of it do motorised blinds only rotate in one direction? Because if they did then problem solved.
    That is to say, the blind rotates in one direction only and when all of the blind is released, the continued rotation would then regather the blind and raise it back up unless it was stopped....

The ones linked earlier in the thread can be powered directly. You could just charge the battery ones as a fall back from the mains

Come to think of it do motorised blinds only rotate in one direction? Because if they did then problem solved.
    That is to say, the blind rotates in one direction only and when all of the blind is released, the continued rotation would then regather the blind and raise it back up unless it was stopped....

The motor goes in forward and reverse.

Advertisement