Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350

Options
  • 12-05-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi is there someone that can help me . [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have an aritech cs350 house alarm and need to inhibit the back-door censer so I can put the new Door in is it ok for me to take the censer of the frame without damage the Alarm System Thanks Kenny [/FONT]

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you take the sensor off the alarm may activate. Just disarm it with your code, you wont do any damage to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kennymat

Thank KoolKid for your replay i don't know the code for the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alarm System can i just take the cover of it and take it [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]censer and live it hanging till the new door is back in Kenny [/FONT]

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No .
    The alarm may activate and you will not be able to turn it off.
    Your best bet is to get someone out to default & reset the code for you before you get the door done.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kennymat

Hi KoolKid when you sad Just disarm it with your code do you mean the code that turn it on thanks Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

kennymat wrote: »
    Hi KoolKid when you sad Just disarm it with your code do you mean the code that turn it on thanks Kenny

Yep, if i may, that is indeed what KoolKid means. please make sure the code is correct before you go disconnecting the sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 jamieman5

looking for help
    trying to inhibit zone 04 upstairs - i seen instruction how to do it from KoolKid in an old forum.

ive gone into attributes, which are as follows
    zone01 InCh
    zone 02,03,04 In
    zone 05 InPg
    zone 06 In24

question is do i need to set zone 04 with the 'In' attribute plus something else eg...Pg, Ch etc... or should 'In' only be suficient. could my issue be something else
    afraid to start messing around with settings without knowing

any help much appreciated
    jamie

What Attributes are assigned to your user code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pofd

Hi I'm new here what I want to do is make the internal warning alarm go off before full alarm for a sensor in a room. Recently a burglar took out the window so bypassing the sensor.
    In setting 0 down arrow 7 I remember the keypad used to beep before going off to allow you to input the code if you forgot the partguard was on. At the moment this sensor is inhibited completely and so this defeats the purpose of the burglar coming in through the window (he removed the glass) and taking the car keys.
    I seem to remember that before it was possible to have the PIR give a warning if it was triggered before it goes off fully.
    The kids forget in the morning and set the alarm off, I seem to remember there is a way of programming it so it beeps first to remind you to put in the code so that it doesn't wake neighbours if it's set off inadvertantly.
    I have the engineer code so I guess it's a case of knowing what setting to set for that particular zone.
    I don't know if I should've posted in this thread or started a new one but the options for starting a new thread were too complicated for me to follow so just blasted away here.
    Hopefully someone can help? I have the manual for the alarm just wondering what name the option would be inhibit delay would be what I'd call it but it's more engineering techy speak than that I suppose?
    Thanks in advance if someone can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 splash221

Hi I have a cs 350 aritech alarm and at the weekend I placed a surf board against the external box and the alarm went off. I turned off the alarm now I cannot reset the alarm call alarm co is appearing and th number keeps changing I tried reset but no joy. I hope someone might know what this problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Looks like bell cover was upset, if you csn get to box press the cover in harf and tamper should clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 splash221

david

I got an alarm guy to reset the system yesterday and he could not get rid of call alarm co followed by number, He eliminated the box/bell out front of house still wont let me arm, trying to save the aritech but could be the end, he thinks fault in bell blew circuit board

Is it defo CS/350? Away of checking pcb if it is cs350 put a 4k7omhs resistor across numbers 16/17 pcb . If that wont close of bell tamper , pcb is gone. Take cables out before putting in resistor.

splash221 wrote: »
    david

I got an alarm guy to reset the system yesterday and he could not get rid of call alarm co followed by number, He eliminated the box/bell out front of house still wont let me arm, trying to save the aritech but could be the end, he thinks fault in bell blew circuit board

Its a tamper reset .
    Your alarm guy should have been able to sort this in a few minutes.
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with codes but any lad calling himself an installer should be able to sort this out for you.

As koolkid said, iv your man was a good engineer he should have been able to sort out bell tamper fault. He could have put a 4k7 resistor acrosd terminals 16/17 in panel, if that worked then its not your panel. Then he could have shorted out the tamper on bellbox to ser is it the micro switch if that didnt work you hsve a cable problem. Ps, hope you didnt pay him?

The resistor wont clear the Call Alarm Co message.
    He needs to enter the reset code or default the panel. All basic stuff really.

Your man was useless, he called.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

This is fairly basic stuff, if an alarm installer looked at this he should have known how to sort this. Not rocket science. Hope you have`nt paid too much for this.

Did your engineer get into engineers memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Hi. I have an old Aritech cs350. New door contacts and sensors added 7 years ago while doing an extension. All upstairs sensors on separate zone. The alarm sounds fairly frequently and is always upstairs. I have checked all the sensors wiring and they seem fine. Wind/windows open not the issue. I would be happy to permanently disable upstairs. Any idea of the easiest way of doing this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Place a 4k7 resistor across that zone at the panel if you don’t have the engineer code.

• Advertisement

Hi. I have an old Aritech cs350. New door contacts and sensors added 7 years ago while doing an extension. All upstairs sensors on separate zone. The alarm sounds fairly frequently and is always upstairs. I have checked all the sensors wiring and they seem fine. Wind/windows open not the issue. I would be happy to permanently disable upstairs. Any idea of the easiest way of doing this? Thanks

Do you have use of a multimeter to check all devices on that zone.You have one or more faulty contacts or sensors.

Place a 4k7 resistor across that zone at the panel if you don’t have the engineer code.

Thanks for the reply. I do have the engineer code.

KoolKid wrote:
    Do you have use of a multimeter to check all devices on that zone.You have one or more faulty contacts or sensors.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have use of a multimeter.

Anyone know if it is possible to permanently inhibit a zone if I have the engineer code? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Anyone know if it is possible to permanently inhibit a zone if I have the engineer code? Thanks

Looks like it option 2 from the menu...

483484.jpg

degsie wrote:
    Looks like it option 2 from the menu...

Thanks very much

Inhibit will only leave the zone off for the next setting. If you have the engineer code you need to change the zone type to unused.

Advertisement