Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking.com looking for more money after booking confirmed

Options
  • 25-06-2019 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

I've booked two nights in a holiday apartment with booking.com for 160 euro and paid in advance through PayPal.

Less than 24 hours later booking.com contacted me to say there was an issue with the booking and to reply to their email.

I contacted them via email and was advised in reply that the rate for the "Apartments is 282 EUR for the stay, and not 160 EUR as mentioned in your booking confirmation".

"Please reply to this email and let us know as soon as possible if you accept this offer or want to cancel your booking free of charge."

I've never come across this using any booking website over the years.

Do I have any consumer rights here in relation to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Same thing happened to me a few years ago with them. I had no other option at the time only to pay the increase as other places were booked up and it was only two days before my stay. I swore I'd never book with them again and have booked direct with hotels since.

Advertisement