Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Did Little Green Cars new band Soda Blonde get added? Or did I imagine that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think it was mentioned that they might be added, but don't think they have been yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Coz wrote: »
    Cool. I'm a bit of a Clashfinder Nerd with excel sheets out the ying yang for my Festival homework.

I've been an EP goer until this year but we're making the switch!

Same. Ep for years and did both last year. Jumped ship to ATN this year only. I know I'm gonna have some serious fomo come the end of August so here hoping ATN is as good as last year if not better

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

only just getting in to John Grant now, I'd take him as a headliner over any of the actual headliners. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    only just getting in to John Grant now, I'd take him as a headliner over any of the actual headliners. So good.

His show on the main stage of body and soul 2014 is one of my best festival memories. I was mad into the "Pale Green Ghosts" album at the time, the sun was setting behind the crowd, the buzz was amazing.... Still makes me smile! Looking forward to more of the same!!

How was that five years ago?? Well holy god says miley.

• Advertisement

RINO87 wrote: »
    His show on the main stage of body and soul 2014 is one of my best festival memories. I was mad into the "Pale Green Ghosts" album at the time, the sun was setting behind the crowd, the buzz was amazing.... Still makes me smile! Looking forward to more of the same!!

How was that five years ago?? Well holy god says miley.

can't wait. I feel ashamed that I let him slip through the net somehow. Must be losing it!

didn't realise sinead o'connors 'queen of denmark' is actually his!

Whodonnit better!? her cover is a bit of a belter too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

can't wait. I feel ashamed that I let him slip through the net somehow. Must be losing it!

didn't realise sinead o'connors 'queen of denmark' is actually his!

Whodonnit better!? her cover is a bit of a belter too.

I was lucky enough to see her perform it live in the Cork Opera House once. Wouldn't count myself as a big fan of hers but I spent the rest of the gig picking my jaw up off the floor. Absolutely stunning.

John Grant at Electric Picnic back in 2010/11 ish is one of the best things I've ever seen. Absolutely brilliant.

Cannot warm to the recent album at all but will still try catch him at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

RINO87 wrote: »
    Well holy god says miley.

I'm glad that other old people are going to this festival

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

This and James Blakes new album were the biggest let downs of the last year for me. Maybe my expectations were just too high?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

hankless wrote: »

Hah, I hear ya. My only negative thought from being at B&S all weekend is that for the first time at festivals, I was conscious of my age :(

Will not stop me doing B&S 2020, having said that 6 weeks to recover for ATN is just about right!

• Advertisement

llatsni wrote: »
    This and James Blakes new album were the biggest let downs of the last year for me. Maybe my expectations were just too high?

I loved the James Blake album but I saw a lot of people saying they were disappointed by it. I could listen to him all day, though!

Lots of ATN releases in recent weeks -

Hot Chip is excellent. Really looking forward to them now.
    I haven't gone back to Fontaines DC much. I think it'll be brilliant live but some of the tracks fall a little flat for me on the album.
    Black Midi sounds bloody mental. :eek: Great review on Pitchfork and elsewhere so I'll give it another go.
    Haven't listened to Bedouine yet but I think the reviews have been generally good.
    Big fan of the National too but that has been discussed (I think!)

Anyone have any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I loved the James Blake album but I saw a lot of people saying they were disappointed by it. I could listen to him all day, though!

Lots of ATN releases in recent weeks -

Hot Chip is excellent. Really looking forward to them now.
    I haven't gone back to Fontaines DC much. I think it'll be brilliant live but some of the tracks fall a little flat for me on the album.
    Black Midi sounds bloody mental. :eek: Great review on Pitchfork and elsewhere so I'll give it another go.
    Haven't listened to Bedouine yet but I think the reviews have been generally good.
    Big fan of the National too but that has been discussed (I think!)

The Murder Capital have some stuff on spotify/youtube. I actually think they're a superior band to Fontaines DC, same vibe though.

Ships have one of the best albums I've ever heard on spotify. 'All will be' being the standout song on said album. Dreamy synthy pop with a dancey/chunky groove.

Father John Misty's first two albums are sensational.

Kojaque(as mentioned previosuly:pac::pac:)

King Kong Companys recordings don't do them justice. Whatever you do, don't miss their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

A Lazarus Soul album well worth a listen. Also, having not listened to Bombay bicycle club in an age, I'm loving them.

Some good stuff there for sure - I think I have 27 acts on my "to see" list... It'll be a busy few days.

I'm a little more optimistic about seeing a good chunk of them because of the free-flow drink policy. No excuse to sit at the tent with a can when I can bring the can in to a tent with a band!

I was lucky enough to see her perform it live in the Cork Opera House once. Wouldn't count myself as a big fan of hers but I spent the rest of the gig picking my jaw up off the floor. Absolutely stunning.

John Grant at Electric Picnic back in 2010/11 ish is one of the best things I've ever seen. Absolutely brilliant.

I've loads of time for Sinead but have to make the effort to see her if she performs again. Bit of activity on her FB page makes me think she might have some gigs / music on the way.

hankless wrote: »

This will be my dad's first festival at 65. It's almost my 65th festival at 34 ;P (slight exaggeration - maybe like my 40th? )

The demographic of attendees is one of the best things about ATN!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Eod100 wrote: »

Theyve been added to Knockanstockan. No reason they cant do both though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Theyve been added to Knockanstockan. No reason they cant do both though

Ah hadn't spotted that! Guess the way it's 4 out of 5 members from LGC that it would be a pretty natural fit. Was wondering would they have enough material but think they has a debut gig in Dublin a short while ago. No talk of an album yet but guess must have the live material anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

This will be my dad's first festival at 65. It's almost my 65th festival at 34 ;P (slight exaggeration - maybe like my 40th? )

The demographic of attendees is one of the best things about ATN!

Agreed. My mates and I are between 38-41 and we all look forward to this as it’s really the only 2/3 days we get (all) together that we have left now! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I'm a little more optimistic about seeing a good chunk of them because of the free-flow drink policy. No excuse to sit at the tent with a can when I can bring the can in to a tent with a band!

I said the exact same thing last year....but still ended up hanging outside the tent with cans for a large portion of the day.

Will try to be more proactive again this year, but there's still something special about sitting around talking nonsense with your mates with a beer in hand. As El Director eluded to above, at our age you rarely get to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

We were coming home at 1am to the tent and there was a group of heads just getting ready to actually leave the campsite and go in and listen to some music. Pretty sure they'd been there all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Toast wrote: »
    We were coming home at 1am to the tent and there was a group of heads just getting ready to actually leave the campsite and go in and listen to some music. Pretty sure they'd been there all day.

Ended up getting stuck into a session at the tents on the sunday last year. Drinking from about 10am til 8/9 at the tents. Was great fun. Generally never do that at festivals, but there was nothing pulling me into the arena before then.

This year will be a different story for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Some good stuff there for sure - I think I have 27 acts on my "to see" list... It'll be a busy few days.

Free flow drink policy is a big draw for me. Did EP for years and both last year. The searching for beer entering the main area at EP always annoyed me slightly but last year after doing ATN it really pissed me off. So no EP for me this year. Jumping ship to ATN..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

D.Q wrote: »
    Ended up getting stuck into a session at the tents on the sunday last year. Drinking from about 10am til 8/9 at the tents. Was great fun. Generally never do that at festivals, but there was nothing pulling me into the arena before then.

This year will be a different story for sure.

Yeah that happened to me as well, can't remember if it was the Saturday or the Sunday. It is fun in fairness and I think knowing you are only a 5 minute walk from the main stage rules out the risk of missing something you really want to see (unlike getting too cosy in the campsite at picnic!).

To be honest there wasn't a huge amount of stuff to draw you into the arena early, for me anyway. Hopefully a couple of more things going on this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

We're heading this year for our first festival and bringing the kids, only way we'd ever get to one as wouldn't have anyone to take them for the 3 nights! Obviously we are staying in family camping area but wondering will be able to access the general camping during the day as we have quite a few friends staying in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

hope80 wrote: »
    We're heading this year for our first festival and bringing the kids, only way we'd ever get to one as wouldn't have anyone to take them for the 3 nights! Obviously we are staying in family camping area but wondering will be able to access the general camping during the day as we have quite a few friends staying in that area?

I didn't see any kids in the general site at any point last year, but perhaps I just missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I cant see this being a problem. If anybody asks just say the kids want to check out Londis. But I doubt anybody will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

It's the family camping area that will have restricted access and not the inverse. According to the website, general camping ticket holders are allowed to have up to two accompanying children under 12 y/o, so it shouldn't be any issue buzzing over to some friends in general camping with kids for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

thanks a mil, knew the family camping had restrictions but wasn't sure if the same applied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So what's next, lads? Will we get something tomorrow?

Advertisement