Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Stomping Grounds 2019 (Contains Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Drew really looks the part but never shows it in his matches or promos hope he gets a good performance tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh Roman over comes the odds and wins again how original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Another classic Roman match of being out numbered, over coming the odds and throwing out multiple superman punches and spears before winning.

Enzo was the best thing about 205 Live and since they sacked him it is so bland and uninteresting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Thought Drew/Shane would come out on top again tonight through shenanigans leading to something like Roman vs Shane at Extreme Rules in a cage match as the blow off match.

Enzo was the best thing about 205 Live and since they sacked him it is so bland and uninteresting.

He wasn't your typical cruiserweight and could talk which made it interesting. Also loved Drew Gulaks no fly zone gimmick.

He wasn't your typical cruiserweight and could talk which made it interesting. Also loved Drew Gulaks no fly zone gimmick.

He also gave the 205's someone to bounce off and show some of their own charisma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Is anyone else still watching?

Yup, work nights so always watching if I can get a stream. Passes away a few hours at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Lacey as ref was a nice twist. Highlight of the night was the tag title match. Enjoyed the majority of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That main event was TNA levels of nonsense. Cage match was one of the most boring I've ever seen. Bailey and Bliss was wretched.

Not a good show at all, just really annoying.

Started ok and went down hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Becky and Rollins stuff is a bit cringe. Who is gonna take them on? Brock and Sable? Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Becky and Rollins stuff is a bit cringe. Who is gonna take them on? Brock and Sable? Lol
    I would assume Miz and Maryse could be wrong though.
    Either that or Cena and Nikki, Byran and Brie at Summerslam.

Good PPV for one that had a meh looking card with a shockingly poor build

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It's amazing that's WWE managed to get the handful of people who actually paid to attend this bilge to turn on the main event.

It's always a good sign when the audience chants "This is stupid", "boring" and the name of a new promotion that has had one show so far.

That main event was pure latter day WCW. Are we sure Russo isn't back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fell asleep so googled Stomping Grounds recap this morning and clicked Cageside Seats recap. Saw a Youtube thumbnail of Lacey in a ref's shirt pointing angrily at Rollins. Left the site.

That main event was TNA levels of nonsense. Cage match was one of the most boring I've ever seen. Bailey and Bliss was wretched.

Not a good show at all, just really annoying.
    lawlolawl wrote: »
    It's amazing that's WWE managed to get the handful of people who actually paid to attend this bilge to turn on the main event.

It's always a good sign when the audience chants "This is stupid", "boring" and the name of a new promotion that has had one show so far.

That main event was pure latter day WCW. Are we sure Russo isn't back?

yous 2 clearly hate everything about wwe and its style why do yous always talk and still watch it. Just stick to the wrestling you do like theirs plenty out there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't mind the Lacey twist tbh. Mainly because moments before it was revealed, I was asking myself "Why wouldn't Corbin just appoint a woman, who Seth won't attack. A heel who......OH! NOW I SEE WHATS HAPPENING"

The issue with the main event though is Corbin has to be the absolute worst main eventer I've ever seen. He's AWFUL. A proper charisma black hole, who they mistake his "go away" heat for legit heat.

Other than that, standard PPV fare tbh. **** build, but when left to their own devices, loads of proper, solid wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Joe vs Ricochet and the cruiserweights were decent, the state of that main event though, laughably bad, wouldn't have been out of place in the dying days of WCW. And Kofi/Dolph in one of the most bland cage matches I can remember, another poor effort overall.

• Advertisement

Joe vs Ricochet and the cruiserweights were decent, the state of that main event though, laughably bad, wouldn't have been out of place in the dying days of WCW. And Kofi/Dolph in one of the most bland cage matches I can remember, another poor effort overall.

not just related to this match but cage matches in general has been poor quality in the last number of years i think with other cages such as elimination chamber, hell in a cell the cage match has become a bit redundant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Started off as a pretty decent ppv but went downhill..Baley match cage match and the main event were poor.

Reddit going nuts over the cage match ending, acting like it was incredible.

I don't get it.

J. Marston wrote: »

I don't get it.

i actually thought it was the one bright spot of the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I don't get it.

There was at least 1000 times during the match that Kofi could have done that, but didn't. They both were just painfully slowly walking towards the door and then slowly climbing through the ropes.

All of a sudden at the end WHHEEEEEEEEEE out the door like a flash.

Silly stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I don't get it.

r/squaredcircle is really pro-WWE at the monent for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't get it.

Just once I’d like to see a cage match end in 5 seconds with both guys running up the sides and quickly out

The worst bits in any wwe cage match are when someone gets to the outside of the top of the cage but gets pulled back across

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There was at least 1000 times during the match that Kofi could have done that, but didn't. They both were just painfully slowly walking towards the door and then slowly climbing through the ropes.

Silly stuff.

It's the usual WWE thing where they have to have a match before they have a finish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Can't remember anyone trying it but a steel cage match without a door is the way to go & don't do them on back to back PPV's either. Amazing that no company remembers that you don't do them until its under the right circumstances. Nobody pops for a cage match anymore as the gimmick has been effectively dead for at least 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,308 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Silly stuff.

Or when 1 guy is climbing the cage while the other is flat on their back, yet is up like a shot and grabs him before he escapes.
    I think cage matches should be escape over the top only.

Becky only came out to help when Lacey low blowed Seth. Was she only thinking of herself and how that affects her? :pac:
    Think the worst part of that ending is that it probably means another Lacey/Becky match.

How could they go an entire PPV with no 24/7 title outside the video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Can't remember anyone trying it but a steel cage match without a door is the way to go & don't do them on back to back PPV's either. Amazing that no company remembers that you don't do them until its under the right circumstances. Nobody pops for a cage match anymore as the gimmick has been effectively dead for at least 15 years.

I agree and the humble cage match is my favourite match outside of a one on one singles match. I think when done well it's great, but as you say they've made a mess of the match. I also don't understand why there is pinfalls in a cage match.

Watching the main event. The Becky run-in was better than I thought it would be. Crowd ate it up.
    lawlolawl wrote: »
    r/squaredcircle is really pro-WWE at the monent for some reason.

It really isn't. It is shít on constantly on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

decent ppv but nothing special

Good seeing Riccchet win the us title and a sort of heel cocky Club confronting him. Could be a great storyline.

New power couple and please wwe dont make them have a programme with Steph/Triple H

Sick of Dolph Ziggler and Kofi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,582 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Becky Lacey feud continues unless it is now Corbin Becky :p was hoping Ronda as ref

Advertisement