Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue cheque

Options
  • 21-06-2019 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

How long does it take to get my tax refund cheque from the Revenue to abroad? As i'm waiting for it more than 6 weeks and i changed my address before the correct one. I live in other European country but still nothing. I've been waiting the postman with that but still nothing. :(

Anybody was in the same situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I don't think you will get a cheque, it will be electronic

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

I don't think you will get a cheque, it will be electronic

Yeah they still do cheques, I got one yesterday. They will do an electronic transfer if you have registered your bank account details with them.

The process for me took about three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oliver24

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Yeah they still do cheques, I got one yesterday. They will do an electronic transfer if you have registered your bank account details with them.

The process for me took about three weeks.

And how long does it take to get the cheque? Yes as on my statement.. they will send me a cheque. Did they send to you abroad?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jeepers101 wrote:

This supprised me. Not suggesting that you are wrong but revenue announced years ago that they stopped using cheques. My business has been ROS online for 20 years so it didn't effect me but everyone had to register their bank account.

I wonder if its just for overseas clients?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nope I got one off the this year. Don't have bank account set up with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This supprised me. Not suggesting that you are wrong but revenue announced years ago that they stopped using cheques. My business has been ROS online for 20 years so it didn't effect me but everyone had to register their bank account.

No it’s not, registering your bank details is optional. If you don’t you get a Cheque. If the op was in an eu country he should have registered his account details as it would be sepa account and he would have gotten it in days.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Revenue will send a cheque to anyone who does not have bank details on their account.

Oliver24, it would be worth sending a My Enquiry to Revenue to make sure the cheque hasn’t issued to your old address.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The time they take varies wildly. We have one client who is more than 8 months waiting on a refund. Other times it is processed in a couple of days. It often depends on what the refund is for.

Yes would be great if they could transfer instantly to my account but i didn't get it but they accept sepa's account too as i've read somewhere. And before i made an enquiry and they told i should bring back the cheque to them, after they can transfer to my account if i will add it to my revenue account. Just i've been waiting for it such a long time. As they showed a statement with my correct address hope they send to it. When i started my p21 it was my old address but i changed in time and i got the statement with my correct address.

Anyway thank you for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement