Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE going to BT Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Isn't the BT channels becoming the part of the Sky sports package ???

Currently have the Sky sports package without the BT sub. I'll prob end up subscribing for BT as I like watching wwe live if I'm able

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Isn't the BT channels becoming the part of the Sky sports package ???

Currently have the Sky sports package without the BT sub. I'll prob end up subscribing for BT as I like watching wwe live if I'm able
    There is something supposed to be happening but I don't know what will happen. So 2020 will be the first time since the mid to late nineties sky would have any part of the rights to WWE. That's really an end of an era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wonder will sky try for AEW/ROH/TNA to fill some of the slot

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Wonder will sky try for AEW/ROH/TNA to fill some of the slot

Well AEW is on ITV when it does start doing TV in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sky presents NJPW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sky presents NJPW

Brought to you by Thomson Travel

Sky presents TNA impact

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

batistuta9 wrote:
    You'll still need to subscribe to BT. Just now you can/have to do it via Sky.

batistuta9 wrote:
    Sky are just handling the selling of it from now on

So if I'm a sky sports subscriber, I'll still need to subscribe to BT Sports separately? That's probably another €20 on top of an already hefty bill. I was under the impression it would be coming with the sky sports pack

Alanhooly wrote: »
    So if I'm a sky sports subscriber, I'll still need to subscribe to BT Sports separately? That's probably another €20 on top of an already hefty bill. I was under the impression it would be coming with the sky sports pack

I've heard it is but not sure the start date

Aug 2019 would be ideal with the premier league back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Alanhooly wrote: »

no chance in hell :D

even if it did, you think you wouldn't be paying more? sky don't even let you keep the boxes anymore, you're only leasing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sky presents TNA impact

What's Sky TV doing in the impact zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez reckon Sky passed on WWE due to low ratings. If that's the case, it's highly unlikely they'll pick up any other wrestling shows.

In regards to the Sky-BT deal, I always got the impression when you sub to Sky Sports, you get BT Sports as well and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez reckon Sky passed on WWE due to low ratings. If that's the case, it's highly unlikely they'll pick up any other wrestling shows.

The ratings I imagine are down from what they were. I think they drew great for the first few years when Raw went live on Monday's.
    They have Bellator now so they ain't above picking up something that ain't the main brand. Maybe if AEW gets great ratings they'd consider another wrestling show; can't fathom why New Japan haven't tried the AXS show on UK television. MLW & Impact are on TV here now so it is possible. Even Rev Pro got a slot for a short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,012 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sky - BT all is it is Sky can sell you the BT channels so it's all on the one bill you don't pay sky and BT if you're sky subscriber. And if you are a subscriber to BT you get full access to now TV if you purchase that via the BT box you only get now but movies at the moment

F<ck you Eir, F<ck you

FTGxZ1T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

I doubt a whole lot of people are going to subscribe to BT just to see WWE. They'll probably just resort to other means.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

briany wrote: »
    I doubt a whole lot of people are going to subscribe to BT just to see WWE. They'll probably just resort to other means.

It's becoming the same across several media forms, so many networks are taking their stuff of Netflix to make their own streaming service but it just isn't going to work

The only way to watch WWE at all these days is going ahoy matey the next day and fast forwarding through the crap bits, I don't mind paying for services when they're good value like Netflix (although through Turkey so way cheaper) and the Network a couple years ago when NXT was at its peak for me but not worth it these days outside Mania season, I'll sub for probably 3 months a year and look at all the 24s and 365s etc that are worth looking at as well as satisfying any back catalogue needs I might have

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's becoming the same across several media forms, so many networks are taking their stuff of Netflix to make their own streaming service but it just isn't going to work

The only way to watch WWE at all these days is going ahoy matey the next day and fast forwarding through the crap bits, I don't mind paying for services when they're good value like Netflix (although through Turkey so way cheaper) and the Network a couple years ago when NXT was at its peak for me but not worth it these days outside Mania season, I'll sub for probably 3 months a year and look at all the 24s and 365s etc that are worth looking at as well as satisfying any back catalogue needs I might have

Thinking about it, I'd say anything worth watching is usually up on Youtube the next day, so you don't even have to set sail. Maybe for the larger PPVs, but not the weekly shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

briany wrote: »
    Thinking about it, I'd say anything worth watching is usually up on Youtube the next day, so you don't even have to set sail. Maybe for the larger PPVs, but not the weekly shows.

These days there's not even a lot worth seeing full stop on the weeklys

Only problem with youtube is everything is spoiled in the title

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

prices announced today, + the need for a HD sub for BT
    How much will Sports Extra cost?

Customers can purchase Sports Extra for €17 for 6 months and €34 per month thereafter (as long as they have a base TV package with Sky).

Customers who currently have Sky Sports can add Sports Extra for €10 for 6 months and €20 per month thereafter.

Is Sports Extra available in SD/HD?

BT Sport 1, 2, 3 & ESPN will be available in SD & HD. A HD subscription will be needed to view these channels in HD. Premier Sport 1 & 2 will only be available in HD and will not require a HD subscription (HD box needed)
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057997128/3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So an extra tenner (for 6 months) for all the PL, CL, EL, WWE etc if you already have Sky Sports?

Nah.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    prices announced today, + the need for a HD sub for BT

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057997128/3

Ridiculous pricing.

The fact that Sky are still charging a premium for HD content is beyond laughable as well. Not to mention the added Paddy Tax that they charge Irish customers

Confirmed last night coverage on BT starts with Smackdown on Jan 3rd

Confirmed last night coverage on BT starts with Smackdown on Jan 3rd

Last live episode of SD on Sky sports next friday/ Saturday morning with 2 more Raws left with Mondays/Tuesdays edition been pre taped and the very last WWE episode on Sky Monday/Tuesday 30th Dec

A bit sad giving we all grew up watching wwf/wwe on Sky TV but these things happen and now it's a new chapter with BT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

A bit sad giving we all grew up watching wwf/wwe on Sky TV but these things happen and now it's a new chapter with BT

Its even sadder to think that there is no longer characters and promos in wwe now that grabs our attention, like the characters and their promos did when we were growing up watching

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They're advertising WWE during the Everton game. Perhaps I'm wrong but can't remember Sky putting WWE up during a PL game. :pac:

They're advertising WWE during the Everton game. Perhaps I'm wrong but can't remember Sky putting WWE up during a PL game. :pac:

They have been doing it for a few weeks now during both Premier League and Champions League games

Feel a montage of WWE/WWF footage with a backing track of Fuels 'Leave the Memories alone'

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

I'm Olde Skool, still torrent them all

• Advertisement

NXT and NXT UK will be showing on BT too

I wonder will it be Weds/Thursday morning live for NXT ??

Advertisement