Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms grant notice letter

Options
  • 19-06-2019 8:45pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I got my firearms grant letter today.
    Apparently my application was "successful".
    The strange thing is that I did not make an application :confused:
    I have a license for this firearm already and it is not due to expire until 2020.

A member of my club got an angry letter from AGS incorrectly claiming that he let his license lapse.

Anyone else finding funny stuff happening with the licensing process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

This year I had a licence lapse for the first-time ever.
    I didn't get a renewal form.
    To be honest I don't keep a reminder as to when each licence is up for renewal rather I wait for the renewal forms. I would then usually fill them in and return them with in a week or so give ir take a few days.
    Luckly the Garda in question dealing with the paperwork was a rock of sense and commented on my usual promptness with my other renewals. He reckoned there was an issue with the printers.
    Anyhow the paper work had to be reissued, but was dated for the original time line of the renewal. The grant letter when it arrived had current dates etc. so no 30 day issue with it.

Advertisement