Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Mini

Options
  • 04-04-2018 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a Dublin store I could buy a Google home mini? Failing that, any places worth buying from online? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,468 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a Dublin store I could buy a Google home mini? Failing that, any places worth buying from online? Thanks

You can get one directly from Google UK for £34 and get it shipped via parcel motel.

https://store.google.com/gb/product/google_home_mini?hl=en-GB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

€37 in Dixons Dublin Airport apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Confirmed 37 quid...was just gonna pick one up....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Confirmed 37 quid...was just gonna pick one up....

Can you purchase/collect without a travel ticket and going through security etc? Presume they're based in the departures lounge.
    Was thinking of getting 2 or 3 so maybe online via parcel motel is my best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Can you purchase/collect without a travel ticket and going through security etc? Presume they're based in the departures lounge.
    Was thinking of getting 2 or 3 so maybe online via parcel motel is my best option.

Unfortunately...it's gone back to full price. :P

However - for next time, yea Parcel Motel would be your best bet! My second one just arrived couple of days ago..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Just bought two at John Lewis online and used AddressPal no problem. £34 and £3.50 shipping.

Don't actually know why I bought two, but there you go

poop just checked right now and gone back up to £49 must have just got in sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

ok. so got a home mini yesterday.
    we have an existing amazon echo.
    sound is nowhere near as good as the echo but it matters not in our scenario as we have the echo going through a hi-fi, and have the google mini bluetooth paired to the echo, so its a big stereo sound from both.

i am going to use the mini with the echo as i notice it does some things better, clearer answers to questions etc.

but issues i notice are, if theres any music playing the home mini will not hear you speak to it, unless on top of it shouting at it, the echo dot has 4 mics and seems to pick up ok.
    this morning i asked it to play a podcast, which it didnt find (but echo does find), but then i got it to play joe rogans podcast as a test, it did.. but it wouldnt turn it off, it would pause at "ok google" but the stop command made it continue playing the podcast.

any of rest of you have everyday issues using minis ?

oops....just realised the podcast i was trying to play was a BBC one..and theres a dispute between google and bbc with podcasts

still wont stop a podcast on a "stop" command.

i keep having issues connecting our mini to bluetooth speakers....every 30-60 seconds a noticeable dropout....got a new soundbar last week and its the same with it.
    i have googled and seen older forum posts complaining and saying it was to be addressed with a firmware update.
    but wanted to ask here if anyone else had the same issue ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

PC World had them for €34 last week. I'm not sure if they still have them at that price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement